Chapter 7

<Third Person POV>

Somewhere else at a cafeteria in a mall, Ran and Sonoko are having a drink and girls talk. A waitress then come to their table to deliver their order.

Waitress : Sorry to keep you waiting. Please enjoy!

Ran then bow a bit as a thanks to the waitress. The waitress then walks away from their table leaving them alone as they start to converse again.

Sonoko : You look good in those clothes. Red really suits you.

Ran : Thank you. This month red is the lucky color for Shinichi and I both!

Sonoko : Oh! Come to think of it, I haven't seen Shinichi-kun for ages either. Maybe I'll come with you!

Ran : Ah, but the movie is really boring one and he's quite as well, really and....

Sonoko : I'm joking, I'm joking! Who would intrude like that? You take everything so seriously. You're very easy to tease!

Ran : Aww, Sonoko!

Sonoko : It's amazing that your father's letting you stay out all night, isn't it?

Ran : Well, he objected, but I kind of ignored him. I wonder what he's doing? Maybe he's talking to Conan about what to have for dinner. Hmmm, but thinking back, maybe they wouldn't get delivery....

Sonoko : Huh, why?

Ran : Ah, Erena-chan is surprisingly good in cooking. Maybe because she has often been left alone back when she was with her grandparents. So, I guess she learn how to do lot of thing by herself.

Sonoko : Aah, is that so.

Sonoko said as she then takes a sip of her drink. She then remembers something and put down her drink to ask Ran.

Sonoko : Um, I wonder how (Y/N)-chan is right now.... Didn't she go with Shinichi to solve the case right?

Ran : Urm, they did. They said that the case they got nowadays are so difficult that it might take them years to solve it. They solve other cases as well while trying to solve the tough case along the way.

Sonoko : Huh, thanks to that detective freak, my dear friend (Y/N)-chan is also involve with those case too. I miss her....

Ran : Yeah. She has always been there if we ever need her. But now she is nowhere near us.... Oh, Sonoko, do you know how close Shinichi and (Y/N)-chan are?

Sonoko : Huh, of course I know. In fact, the whole school know. They're so close to each other since they share the same interest. Plus, their houses are just right next to each other.

Sonoko said. She then moves forward a bit and motion Ran to come a bit closer. She then talks in a low voice.

Sonoko : I also heard that Shinichi and (Y/N)-chan often have a sleepover together either at Shinichi's or (Y/N)-chan's or professor's house.

Ran : How do people know that they often have a sleepover together?!

Sonoko : One of the student in our school saw Shinichi came out of (Y/N)-chan house in pyjama and overheard their conversation. He said that Shinichi ask her to have a sleepover at professor place that day and (YN)-chan agree only if he bring his mystery novel.

After Sonoko said that, she then leans back with Ran following as she plays with the straw in her glass.

Ran : ............ So, they really are that close huh....

Sonoko : Ne, Ran.... I was wondering, if Shinichi ever like (Y/N)-chan, what would you do?

Ran : I don't know......