Chapter 3

<Your POV>

We got off the taxi in front of Moriya Estate. Conan jump down the car in an excited manner while I wait for Oji-san to get out. Ran walk up after Conan while rummaging into her purse to find the invitation card while telling Conan not to enter the estate just yet until the card is showed.

Once Ran show the invitation card, we get into the estate and up the stairs while admiring the estate. It was so beautiful with a fountain in front of it in the centre of the yard.

Ran : Wow, amazing!

Kogorou : This is a 17th Century English Stuart-style architecture.

Everyone turns to look at Oji-san unbelievably.

Ran : Dad, you know about architecture?

Kogorou : Well, I used to be called 'the walking library'. Take a good look at each side.

Ran look to the left and right as a smile creep up to her face and she then run to the fountain in the centre.

Ran : If you stand in the middle, the right and the left sides are exactly the same! Both the garden and the building!

Kogorou : Making both sides the same is called bilateral symmetry. Professor Moriya lived in England until high school. So, he specializes in British-style architecture, especially.... In the classical symmetrical style.

Oji-san said as he quietly at the small note book in his pocket. Conan look at him flabbergasted while you chuckle silently seeing it not to ruin the fun. Oji-san then continue.

Kogorou : In fact, he's even changed his name so the characters would be symmetrical.

Erena : In other word, this Moriya Teiji is a perfectionist.

Ran : I've never seen such a beautiful yard!

???? : Thank you for your compliments.

Came a voice from behind Ran making us all to look at the owner of the voice. We turn to see Moriya Teiji-san standing there.

Moriya : Pleased to meet you, I am Moriya Teiji.

Ran : I-I am Mouri Ran.

Ran said as she introduces herself stuttering a bit out of nervousness. She then turns to us as she introduces every one of us.

Ran : This is my father, Edogawa Conan and Akane Erena. Unfortunately, Shin.... I mean, Kudou-kun couldn't make it today. So, he asked us to come on his behalf.

Moriya : Is that so? Kudou-kun couldn't make it?

Conan : But this man is a famous detective too.

Conan said catching everyone attention.

Kogorou : Hey, what do you mean by 'too'? I am Mouri Kogorou.

Moriya : Oh! You're that famous detective. Nice to meet you.

Moriya-san said as he shakes hand with Oji-san. He then led us to the party.

Moriya : Right this way. The party is being held in the backyard.

Ran : Wow, your backyard is wonderful too.

We keep on walking into the party as we admire the layout in front of us. Me and Conan keep on observing the people around seeing lots of famous and big name in the party.

Moriya : Well, please enjoy yourself this afternoon.

Ran : Wow, it's so pretty! Is this all homemade?