12. 𝐢𝐫𝐥 ( 𝐫𝐚𝐲 )

-TRIGGER WARNING-
ABUSE
SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
FOUL LANGUAGE
DRUNK FATHERS
( there is also tons of swearing incase you aren't comfortable with that )
_____________________

After a long-ish day of school, Ray decided to go home instead of visiting Sophia first like she usually does- figuring that it would be awkward after the whole Twitter thing.

She was walking when she got a weird feeling and felt shivers go down her spine.

She ignored it and sighed, continuing to walk home.

She walked to her doorstep and hesitantely knocked on it; noticing that the car was gone, and not wanting to walk in on her 'father' doing something.

Arnold isn't the best driver, and so that left Ray and her mother to do most of the daily things- as if Arnold would do any of it anyways.

No one answered the door; so Ray twisted the door nob and walked in.

When she opened it all of the way, a big gust of hot air wooshed past her.

And in that gust if air, she smelt alcohol and a smell of sweat.

She scrunched her nose in disgust as she walked into the hot front hall.

She slowly made her way through the hallway into the living room, only to see a ton of beer, and vodka bottles.

Yet, Arnold was no where to be seen.

As she walked to the kitchen, she felt something crunch under her her feet.

Not only was she walking on broken beer bottles - but she had stepped on her mothers broken glasses.

"Shit" Ray thought.

She picked up the glasses and looked at them intensely- trying to keep herself from crying; her lip quivering while a single tear rolled off her cheek, onto the ground.

She noticed some blood on the golden frame of her mothers glasses.

"That's it."

"Not anymore."

"I'm not letting us go through this anymore."

Ray turned around and stuffed the glasses into the pockets of her dress.

She started walking to the stairs before she saw who was walking down the steps.

"Oh shit." She thought.

"You." Arnold said angrily from the top of the stairs.

As he walked down, Ray backed from the bottom of the stairs until she was leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing home so early?" Arnold said, clearly drunk out of his mind.

Ray looked down and murmured, "I chose not to go to Sophia's today. . .".

"What was that?" Arnold said, getting slightly annoyed.

"I said, " Ray said, still murmuring, "I chose- "

Arnold grabbed Ray's jaw and cheeks viciously and kept a strong hold on them; squeazing them enough to leave a bruise or two.

"I asked you, 'What was that?' " Arnold repeated, "So look me in the eyes, and answer me." He said with a growling voice.

Ray sucked in a breath and repeated what she said with a stronger voice, "I-I said that, I chose not to go to S-Sophia's today.".

Ray let a few tears fall as her body started shaking.