28. 𝐢𝐫𝐥 ( 𝐫𝐚𝐲 )

-TRIGGER WARNINGS-

MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ABUSE

MENTIONS OF ABUSE
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Ray walked around her bedroom and stuffed whatever was important to her into a duffle bag that she found in her closet. Her mother was doing the same in her own room.

"Tonight is the night.", Ray thought, "Tonight is the night my mother and I are offically getting out of this horrid nightmare - I hope."

Ray zipped up her duffle bag and stuck it under her bed. Her mother and her agreed to leave at midnight when Arnold would most likely be dead-alseep.

She heard a knock at her door and swiftly turned around to see her mother in the doorway.

"You got everything packed?" Danae asked nervously.

Ray nodded.

"Yeah. You?" Ray asked back.

Danae nodded.

It was silent for a moment before Danae broke that silence.

"Are you sure we should do this? I mean, are you sure Sophia is okay with us being at her place? What are we supposed to do i-if her parents don't let us stay? Oh God, Ray, what if Arnold kill-"

"Mom, stop!" Ray yelled with a huff of breath, "Her parents don't know, of course. But they'll let us stay once we explain everything. We're going to be alright." She walked over to her mother in the doorway, "We'll have justice for what he's done to you- for what he's done to us." Ray sniffled, "Just trust me, please."

"Of course, Ray." Her mother said sweetly as she hugged her daughter close to her, placing a long kiss on top of her head, "I'll always trust you."

Ray sighed and squeezed her equally as tight in the hug.

"So you understand, right? We leave at midnight." Ray said.

"Yes, I understand." Danae assured her.

"Good. Then go make sure you have everything, and I'll tell Sophia that we're ready, and that we're prepared."

• • • • •

Ray quietly stepped down the stairs with a bag of clothing hung over her shoulder - her mom behind her with the same in her hands.

They were trying to keep Arnold from waking up, which was fairly easy, considering his state of both mind and health. (I'm sorry of that didn't make any sense to anyone)

Ray scrurried across the floor along with her mother, and slowly turned the front door's knob.

The door squeaked quite loudly, making Ray's heart race rapidly, as it did Danae's.

They both froze on the spot, with the only sound being the loud snores from Arnold.

Is he still asleep?, Ray wondered.

She figured that he still was, and continued opening the door, and then walking outside.

Both females walk-ran to the car - Ray getting in the passenger seat, and Danae getting in the drivers'.

"Hurry mama." Ray whispered quickly as she put on her seatbelt.

Danae didn't answer, but started the car and almost immediately drove out of the parking lot. She didn't have any time to out on her seatbelt, considering she was so focused on getting her daughter and herself to safety; or atleast somewhere safer than her house.