24. 𝐢𝐫𝐥 ( 𝐫𝐚𝐲 )

- WARNING -
lotta fluff 🥺🤧❤️
Talks about abuse
lotta sad
-

Ray walked down the sidewalk of Sophia's street- on her way to hang out with her before she'd go home to hell.

She could see Sophia's house from where she was on the street, and her heart started doing little cartwheels in her chest.

It's been four ( 4 ) months since Ray and Sophia started secretly dating. Ray knew that she'd have to tell someone sooner or later; but she just didn't want anyone to get hurt.

Ray pulled her fluffy coat closer to her and shivered.

It was the start of December, and Ray was definitely not prepared. She was never one for cold weather.

Ray reached the door of Sophia's place and knocked on the door.

Not even thirty ( 30 ) seconds later, Sophia had opened the door and hugged Ray tightly.

"I missed you!" Sophia squealed.

"I missed you most!" Ray squealed in return.

"Come in, it's, like, below 50 degrees." Sophia said as she dragged Ray inside.

"Mom!" Sophia yelled for her mother.

"Oh, hello Ray!" Her mom said once she saw Ray standing next to Sophia. She ran up and hugged her.

"Nice to see you again, Mrs. Lillis." Ray said with a smile as she squeezed Juliana in a tight hug.

"Skywalker!" Sophia's step-dad exclaimed from the kitchen, "Fancy seeing you here."

He walked in front of Ray and Sophia.

"I just came to stay for a while with Sophia. I haven't seen her in so long." Ray said.

She really did want to see Sophia, but she also wanted to get out of her house. But she was just hoping that her mother would be safe when she gets home later. Her step-dad wasn't in the best mood these days. Then again, when was he ever in a better mood.

"That's nice." He said, smiling, "Just leave the door open." He laughed.

A blush spread across Ray's face as Sophia cursed her step-father with an embarrased smile.

"Just come on." Sophia said as she grabbed Ray's arm- leading her upstairs.

"There's this movie that I want to watch with you." Sophia said, slightly excited.

"Really? What is it called?" Ray asked.

"It's called  'Bridge To Terabithia' !" She exclaimed.

"Oh, I love that movie!" Ray said excitedly.

Ray pulled off her coat and threw it to the ground.

Sophia looked at Ray's neck and saw the necklace that Sophia had given her four ( 4 ) months back.

Sophia smiled widely, "You're still wearing the necklace." She said slowly.