19. 𝐢𝐫𝐥 ( 𝐫𝐚𝐲 )

( time skip )

Ray slipped on her long, loose, colourful dress after doing her makeup.

Today was the day that she was buying dresses for the dance with Sophia.

'KNOCK KNOCK' Ray hear at her bedroom door.

"Come in." She whisper-yelled. The walls and doors were thin enough for that to be pretty loud.

Her mother walked into her room and smiled.

"You look beautiful." Her mother, Danae, complimented as she walked to her daughter.

"Thankyou, mama." Ray said as she turned around from the mirror.

"Have fun with Sophia. She seems to be 'into you', Ray. She's real flirty towards you." Danae said out of the blue.

"What? No way." Ray laughed, "She's only into guys." Ray turned back to the mirror to admire herself in the dress, covered in pastel colours.

"Whatever you say." Danae said with a sarcastic tone.

"Your bruises seemed to have gone away." Danae said as she examined Ray's face and neck.

"No. It's just the makeup." Ray corrected with a frown.

Danae sighed as she walked up behind Ray, wrapping her arms around her.

"I love you, Skywalker. I wish we didn't have to go through this. I wish that you didn't have to go through this. It's not fair. It's not right." Danae complained.

"It's not, momma, I know. But It's not going to change. I don't know what to do. You don't know what to do. We can't go to the authorities- because I doubt that they'd believe to helpless, young women with bruises, over a 300 pound -all muscle- , Russian man, who could literally kill someone with looks. It's horrible, I know. But atleast we have eachother. We are all we have left." Ray said as she turned around to her mothers teary face and messy mascara.

"Oh momma!" She said as she hugged her mother tightly and struggled to keep in tears.

Luckily, Arnold was dead asleep downstairs on the couch, so he didn't hear any of the talking that was going on upstairs.

"Wipe your tears. We should get going now, but we don't want Sophia to question about why you were crying." Danae whispered as she wiped her own face of sadness.

"R-Right. Yeah. I'll... be ready in a sec, okay?" Ray said as she turned back to the mirror to fix her makeup.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

Ray and Danae walked up the driveway of Sophia's house.

'KNOCK KNOCK' Sophia heard from upstairs as she came rushing down to the bottom floor of her home.

Sophia looked through the peephole of the front door and saw Ray smiling. She opened the door and gave Ray a tight hug.

"Ray!"

"Soph!"

"I missed you!" Sophia yelled.

"I missed you most!" Ray laughed.