Day 3: Morning of the exam

"I should be okay, I should be okay, I did so many practice worksheets with Sarada..." Boruto muttered to himself repetitively, scaring his friend, Shikadai, who was sitting on the train with him.

"Oi, Boruto, Boruto!" Shikadai shouted in his face, shaking him at the same time.

Boruto closed his eyes while frowning and tried to concentrate, remembering the techniques and formulas Sarada taught him. While Shikadai was just- Trying to hold on to Boruto so that he doesn't fall off the train.

Actually, no matter how hard he tried to think about math, his brain always popped its way back to his after-school teacher. The way her hair waves when the wind blows, the way she walks, the way she lectures him.

That was probably why his face was full-on red while his eyes were just closed as tight as they possibly can, trying to process the things going on in his brain. 

He was anxious about the test. Anxious about seeing Sarada. Anxious of falling off the train.

Nah, the last one was the last of his concern. He didn't even notice he was going to fall off the train.

"Boruto! Whatever is keeping you occupied, think about it later! You're falling off the train!" Shikadai shouted once again, grabbing on to whatever was near him while trying to wake Boruto up.

Boruto opened his eyes slightly, feeling his arm being tugged by Shikadai, as his friend's expression softened.

"So, what's bothering you? We've always had tests once every 2 months, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to you. I know there's something else. Can you tell me?" Shikadai asked Boruto softly while showing his concern, unlike his usual self.

Boruto was surprised by Shikadai's sudden change in tone, as his head dropped down again.

"Haha, you really aren't my best friend for nothing, you can practically see through me!" Boruto chuckled with a slight frown on his face. "I- I actually don't even know what's happening myself... I keep thinking of the test but a- at the same time, I'm not thinking of the test! This doesn't make sense!"

Shikadai made a weird face at Boruto and suddenly burst out laughing, "You're right about one thing, this doesn't make sense at all! How can you be thinking about one thing but not? Unless you're thinking about two things at a tim-"

"Oh yeah! I think it's probably that!" Boruto interrupted and lighted up as he thought he might have figured out why.

"So, what is the other thing you're thinking about?" Shikadai asked again.

Boruto thought again. He put his thumb and index finger under his chin, putting in great effort to go through some recent events happening in his brain.

"I think I've got it!" Boruto announced, suddenly bouncing up, forgetting that they were on the top of a high-speed rail train. Unlike him, Shikadai noticed this and immediately dragged his friend back down by the sleeve of his jacket.

He sighed, "So? What did you get?" Not expecting a single non-crazy answer.

Boruto opened his mouth, but let the words sink back into his throat as he looked down and went back to his original sitting position beside his friend. "I was thinking about the test..."

Shikadai looked at him, telling him to continue wordlessly. "...and Sarada."

"S- Sa- Sarada??? Why?" Shikadai tilted his head in confusion, almost jumping up from the shocking news, as he suddenly thought of something, "Oh wait... Ah~ I see someone has a little crush~" He teased. 

Boruto's bright blue eyes widened, staring at his friend in slight confusion and shock. "C- Crush? Why would you think I have a crush on her? She's mean, strict, annoying, and well... Maybe a little cute..."

Right after he finished the sentence, Shikadai was determined to get his best friend and his new crush together. However, the biggest and first problem he has to face is, Boruto doesn't even realize his crush on her. They've spent their whole childhood together, basically like siblings, since their parents are so close that it's like all four of them are married to each other.

Shikadai knows if he asks his dad for help, he would just brush him off with a "Don't poke your nose into people's business." or "Such a drag, do it yourself if you are that determined.", so he's not even trying to put any hope on his helpless father.

He knows for a fact that his Auntie Hinata and Auntie Sakura had once written a BoruSara song and claimed that BoruSara was their official ship name. So he guessed that he might as well ask them for help. He's going there after school. He is determined to.

~~~

Hey guys!! Sorry this might be a bit of a short chapter! I'm so sorry for not uploading for so long!! Thanks for waiting too :DD