Day 1: The Rest Results

A familiar voice echoed around the classroom, "Good morning class! Today, we're distributing the test papers of the test you did yesterday. Please come out one by one when I call your names. Boruto Uzumaki." He called, as Boruto walked up to him with shaky legs, "You'll have to take the supplementary test and improve next time. I'll assign a classmate to help you with your studying." 

Boruto's head dropped, but he expected that. "Yes. I'll improve next time, sorry." He said as he walked back to his seat as he gripped his paper tightly, so much that he almost pitied the paper.

His blonde bangs shadowed the upper half of his face, nobody can see the drop of liquid shining in the corner of his eye.

"Sarada Uchiha." He called, as the said girl walked up to him, "Well done Sarada! You got full marks!" He congratulated.

"Thank you." She replied with a proud smile, just as she was about to turn around and go back to her own seat, Konohamaru stopped her by calling her name once again.

"Wait, do you mind helping a classmate with his studies? I think he's having a little trouble with it, and I hope his grades could improve for the supplementary test."

"Sure, but who?"

"Boruto."

"Wh- Why him!? Why me...?"

"Please Sarada? This test wasn't easy, you were the only one who scored full marks, even Shikadai who was second got about 80%." Konohamaru pleaded, as he knew the relationship of Boruto and Sarada.

Sarada gave up and agreed. "Fine, when?" 

Konohamaru thought for a moment, "Can you start today after school? He only has 2 days till the supplementary test.""Okay, I'll sort the exact time with him. Thanks Mr Konohamaru." Sarada replied as she returned to her seat.

"Thank you Sarada. Shikadai Nara." He continued.

"Hey Boruto?" Sarada approached the boy who was standing lonelily, facing the windows, probably trying to transfer his mind from the test to why ' likes watching clouds so much.

"Oh, Sarada." He seemed startled when she first speaked, "What's up? Why did you talk to me in the middle of break?" He didn't really like her that much, even if their parents were really close friends, she was one of those know-it-all, annoying girls.
But he didn't have the mood to play dislikes now, so he answered her.

"I know you're sad, that's why Mr Konohamaru sent me to help you with your studies after school." Sarada explained.

"Oh, and you agreed?" He asked, as Sarada nodded her head.

"Only because I pity you." Sarada said, but then realized she said something too much. "I'm-"

"I know! I suck at math! And I even forgot about the test! But I don't need your pity!" He cut her off angrily.

"I'm sorry!"

"I don't need your help. I can study myself."

"Wh- Mr Konohamaru assigned me to help you! And he trusted me! So it's not only you, you think I really want to use my precious time to help you? But Mr Konohamaru assigned me. And I always get the mission done."

"Fine. Then let's meet here after school."

"Okay." She answered, as she was walking away, she felt something gripping tightly on her wrist, so she turned around.

"T- Thanks." Boruto said as he released her wrist and turned his head around, towards the window, looking down, blushing slightly.

"Mm." Sarada replied simply as she walked away from the classroom. And blushed, just a little bit.

"Oh, Boruto, you're here already." Sarada said as she walked in the classrom holding some papers, over to where Boruto was sitting.

"Hi Sarada." Boruto greeted as he scooted more towards the side to give Sarada some space some space to sit.

Sarada took out the papers she was holding and spread them on the table.

"Mr Konohamaru gave me these, he said he made this specially for you, and asked me to help you with anything you don't know." Sarada explained.

"Thanks," Boruto replied as he took out his pencil case. "First question: Simplify 21/7. Oh, I think Shikadai taught me this... Uh, 7 divided by 21? Oh wait, why is the number in the top part larger than the one in the bottom...?"

"First, you need to stop using top and bottom part. The 'top part' is called the numerator, while the 'bottom part' is called the denominator. Then, number on the numerator is larger because you have to simplify it into a whole number. Remember this whenever you see one like this."

"Oh, so I was right about 7 divided by 21 right?" Boruto asked hopefully, hoping he got at least one thing right, or he would sound stupid.

"No. It should be 21 divided by 7. You'll only get little decimal numbers if you calculate 7 divided by 21." Sarada explained as she sighed.

"Ohh! I- I- Of course I knew that! So 21 divided by 7 right?" He looked at Sarada, as she nodded her head while sighing, and smiling a little bit, "It's... 3!"

"Right. Now the next one."