Chapter 2: The rest of Day 1

"Boruto! Why are you so late! It's 5 now! Where did you go? Didn't I tell you to tell me if you come back after 4?" Hinata asked and scolded worriedly as she welcomed her son back home.

"Oh... Mom! Hi... I was... At school! Studying!" Boruto said, and it was the truth, but an unbelievable truth.

"What!? Boruto!? Studying!? Really!?" Hinata asked suspiciously, looking for her son to give some evidence, as she didn't believe him.

"Yes... Did you have to be that surprised...? And if you're looking for evidence, Sarada was with me." Boruto proved.

"What!? Boruto studying!? And with Sarada too!?" She asked surprised as she rushed to get the phone and call Sakura and tell her the surprising news, as well as looking for more prove. And also, some hope to her son's future. Not about tests. Family. She's always been a fan of this 'BoruSara' thing, which apparently was a ship between Boruto and Sarada, and of course, it annoyed both Boruto and Sarada. But they both thought Hinata and Sakura's obsession over that ship was over.

"Sakura! Did you hear!? Boruto was studying with Sarada at school till 5!" Hinata said excitedly on the phone.

"Yes! Sarada told me about that too! Ahh, their future is getting closer than we ever thought!" Sakura shipped.

"Bye! I'll talk to you later, right now I'll have to squish all the details out!" Hinata squealed like a fan girl.

"Bye! I'll try to get all the details on this side too!" Sakura, who was a fan girl, returned to her old self, but not a fan of a boy, she's a fan of the ship of the daughter of the boy!

"Now. Sit down in the living room, tell me exactly what happened, and I won't be mad at you for coming home late." Hinata turned to Boruto.

'Luckily I knew this was gonna happen and made up something before...' Boruto thought.

"Okay." He said, following his mom.

"Himawari! Come here too! Do you wanna hear a story?" Hinata called.

"Yes! Yes!!" Himawari said as she skipped down the corridor to the living room.

Looking at his Mom and sister's eyes, which are staring at him with curiosity, he started, "So, because I recently found out that Sarada was... Umm, a pretty nice person.. So I tried to know her more...?" He lied, but in his Mom's favor, unknown to him.

"Mhm, then?" Hinata asked excitedly.

"I... figured out that she likes studying... So I asked her to help me with my studies...?" He lied again.

"Ahh, teen love... Okay, I'm not mad at all! And I'll make home-made burgers today!" Hinata cheered as she left to go to the kitchen and cook. 

"Phew, I hope Sarada goes with the plan too..."

"You finally finished these 3 papers! You definitely need to improve on your speed... You used 2 hours to finish them! You know you only have an hour to finish 3 pages in the test." Sarada reminded.

"Yes... I know... I'll be faster next time..." Boruto replied.

"Okay then, you can keep these papers. It'll help with revising, especially the notes I wrote on them. Also, there are 2 more papers that Mr Konohamaru gave me, you can do those at home, but you don't have to." She said as she handed him the papers, stacked neatly in a pile.

"Thanks again for today. Do we have this session tomorrow?"

"Unfortunately yes. I'll see you tomorrow here, same time. Anything more?" She waited for him to respond, "If not, I'm leaving, or my Mom will be mad at me. Bye." She turned around, taking her first step, but same as the morning, something grabbed her wrist.

"Oh! Wait! Mom! If our moms ask what happened, tell them that I asked you to help me with my studies because apparently I found out that you are actually 'nice' okay? Please don't tell them I failed..." Boruto pleaded.

"Okay. It technically isn't too much of a lie. Nothing else right?" Boruto shook his head, "Then bye." She said as she walked out of the classroom.

"Bye..." Boruto said to her, but his voice was too soft, and she was too far to hear it.