Day 3: The Test

A firm hand landed on Boruto's shoulder, as the owner of the hand started, "So, Boruto. Are you ready for the makeup test?"

Nodding his head while closing his eyes and furrowing his brows, Boruto answered, "Yes, Mr. Konohamaru, I'm very ready. Bring it on!"

Konohamaru smiled at his confidence and gave him another pat on the shoulder, "Great! You can sit somewhere there." He said as he moved his finger to point at one of the tables in the front row, while Boruto sluggishly moved towards there, trying not to let his teacher spot him shivering.

Handing Boruto the test papers, he told him, "Here," Boruto shakily received the stacked papers with both hands and placed them on the table in front of him carefully, as Konohamaru noticed his uneasiness, "You'll be fine, just do your best! With Sarada as your teacher, I'm sure you're gonna ace this!" 

Konohamaru gave him a thumbs-up as Boruto knitted his brows once again, he nodded slightly and sighed. 

Why must Mr. Konohamaru bring up Sarada... Just when he was about to forget about her. Now, the only thing he could think of is how Sarada is gonna punch him if he fails this, saying it was a waste of time tutoring him, or maybe, if he could get a good score, she might congratulate him, even better, congratulate him while smiling!

"Boruto, keep your mind on the test! I'm starting the timer in 3, 2, and 1!" Konohamaru announced as Boruto quickly dug his pen out from his pencil case and started writing his name on the line.

"-3, 2, 1 aaand time's up, pens down!" Konohamaru broke the peace after an hour of silence has passed.  "Hey Mr. Konohamaru, it's just me here, no need to shout-" Boruto said with a sweat drop, following Konohamaru's embarrassed chuckles as he walked over to Boruto to collect the test papers.

"Well umm, never mind! Feel free to go home now, and tell Sarada thanks for me! Bye-" Konohamaru got interrupted by Boruto shouting 'bye!' as he rushed through the door.

Boruto thought to himself, 'Finally! Got this test out of my head now, I get to game as much as I want!' As he skipped through the hallway and passed through the library, he saw a familiar silhouette facing the fiery amber sky with a stack of books standing tall beside her.

He decided to go into the room and talk to his friend, "Hey Sarada," he started. "Ah! Boruto! You scared me!" She jolted away from where the voice originated as the owner of the voice made a guilty face with a slight smile. "Sorry sorry! Thing is, why are you still here? It's already 5 o'clock!" The boy asked. 

"I was waiting for you! How was the test? Are there any questions you don't know? Do you think you passed?" The girl bombed him with questions as she leaned closer to him, supporting herself with her arms, one side on the chair, and the other side on the table.

Trains of thoughts looped around Boruto's brain, 'So close! She was waiting for me!? Am I blushing right now!?' "Boruto! Answer my questions!" Sarada urged, she leaned even closer, making Boruto stumble back as she noticed Boruto's burning face and realized what she was doing.

She coughed twice as she got away from their position, to sitting on the table, crossing her arms. Boruto stood beside her, one arm leaning against the table as he answered, "Honestly, I didn't think it was that hard, you taught me everything in there already, so there wasn't anything I didn't know. I think I passed, but I'm not sure."

"Phew that's good. Let's go home then." She gently placed the book she was reading from the table to her bag and carried all the other books back to where they should be as Boruto followed behind her.

'Sarada... Seems really gentle right now... Can she be gentle to me one day? Like I'm the books over there? Wait... Why exactly am I wanting to be a book again?' A voice suddenly called out as it got louder, "-ruto... Boruto! Are you there! Let's go now, the school's closing!"

"Oh, Sarada, okay let's go." Boruto answered quietly.

Peaceful, or maybe a little awkward silence filled the air around our two young buddies as they strolled down the street, and Boruto decided to break the peace. "Hey, Sarada," The said girl hummed in response, "Thanks- thank you for helping me study." 

Tints of pink spread evenly on her cheeks, "Y- you don't have to thank me, I wasn't doing that for you, I was doing it for Mr. Konohamaru, and Aunt Hinata. She would be really sad if you failed the make-up test too."

Boruto stopped. "Yeah, but I still want to thank you. Still, I want to thank you for my mom, Mr. Konohamaru said thanks too! And even if you're not doing it for me, I want to thank you." He grinned his usual sunny grin, without a care in the world.

Hearing about his appreciation, she smiled with closed eyes. "You're always welcome. Thank you too, for being my friend." She whispered.

His eyes slightly widened at the sudden confession. He always thought he was the only one who considered them friends. "Of course." He smiled back.

"Then, I'll go home this way, bye!" Sarada said, suddenly, a hand grabbed her wrist. "Wait, let me walk you home, you know, as thanks." Boruto suggested.

Sarada stopped for a second and smiled again, "Well then, I'll take up your offer, thanks."

"KYAAAA!! BORUTO YOU WALKED SARADA HOME?? Oh my god I have to tell Hinata right now, you can stay for dinner if you like! Sarada, you won't mind making dinner for one more person right?" Sakura welcomed the children into her house.

"Sarada's cooking! I'd love to try it! Pleeeeeease Sarada?" Boruto mustered his best puppy dog eyes and pleaded Sarada.

"Fine, but you have to help." Sarada agreed.

As they were talking, Sakura sneakily sneaked into her room to grab her phone and call her friend Hinata. 

"Hinata-chan!! Did you know Boruto walked Sarada home today? Yup, yeah, it's true! Yeah, and he's staying here for dinner, you won't mind right? Great! I'll see ya soon!" Sakura informed the other mother.

~

A/N: GUYS I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPLOAD! I was pretty busy with school and stuff, but now that I'm having summer holiday, I might be able to upload more frequently!
Thank you guys for all your support for this book <33