35 | The Azkaban Breakout

DAVINA USED TO dream about breaking out of the psychiatric ward at St. Mungos. It was her own personal prison. She memorized every chip in the walls, every creaky floorboard, the way the daylight would shine through the bars of her window and hit against the wall at all times of the day. Sometimes, she would wake up and feel as though the walls were closing in on her. It was just when she thought she would be crushed to death -- suffocated by the cage closing in around her -- that she would hear her father's cold voice condemning her to her prison. She spent years upon years plotting her escape and exacting her revenge upon her wretched father before she was broken out by Andromeda.

Now, as she stood within sight of the wretched prison of Azkaban, she couldn't help but find the poetic irony in what they were about to do. 

"Are you ready for this?" Theo murmured, walking up behind her as he placed his hand on the small of her back. 

She stared out at the wretched, barren place that was Azkaban from where she stood atop the jagged rocks that separated the island from the lapping, destruction waves of the ocean. The smell of the sea salt burned her nostrils and she could taste the bitter, murky mist on her lips. Draco walked up beside her and stared at the forsaken place with a grave but hardened expression.

"I spent what felt like forever plotting an epic break out so that I could make our father pay for everything he's done to me. I just never thought it'd be him who I would be breaking out." A bitter smile graced her lips as she took a step forward, "I've been ready for this since the moment I stepped foot outside of St. Mungo's, dreaming of showing him what it means to betray family. Today marks the day in which Lucius Malfoy faces his comeuppance, one agonizing dose at a time. By the end of it, he'll be begging for an end to it -- and he will on his knees, like the coward he is."

"Ahh, the memories!" Bellatrix cackled as she climbed onto one of the rocks a few feet away and marveled the gloriously horrid setting that was once her home for twelve years. She was flanked by the Lestrange brothers, Dolohov, Yaxley, and Mr. Knott. 

As she jumped around with sadistic glee, Draco looked at his sister and saw nothing but fierce determination on her face. There was a time when he may have asked her to show their father some mercy, but he didn't feel that way anymore -- not after everything he put them through. She was right. He was a power-hungry coward, and that would never change. He was one of many who they were sent to break out tonight, but he was quite possibly the most important. Theo and Draco exchanged glances. Lucius was going to face wrath at not only Davina's hands, but by the Dark Lord, as well. His failures in the Department of Mysteries and all of those before it would surely lead to harsh punishment. But Davina wanted to spill some blood for herself, and they knew that there was no stopping her. She would fill the debt. 

Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle flanked behind them. 

Theo planted a kiss on her collarbone and took his place on her other side. "We're at your command." 

Davina didn't turn to the others, but when she spoke it was with ice in her voice. "We get in, we free our people, and we get out."

She turned around and fixed her stare on Bellatrix, "That means no games. No unnecessary destruction, and for fuck's sake -- if I hear that you or anyone else has killed anyone for sport tonight, you will answer directly to me."

That was code for a nasty cruciatus session, and they all knew it. Bellatrix calmed down in her erratic glee, but she seemed almost delighted and intrigued by the serious threat. Mr. Knot, on the other hand, despised the remark and the fact that he was being ordered around by a child. 

"Bellatrix is the best of us. It should be her who we take our orders from."

"The Dark Lord specifically appointed Davina. If want to question his decision, I'd be happy to let him k-" Draco stepped in to defend her, but she merely held up her hand to silence him.