55 | Stone Cold

SHE WAS COMING FOR THEM. 

Davina Malfoy was taught from a young age how to be stone-cold, to be independent and strong, to be poised and hold herself high as if she was ready to conquer the world. Lucius has instilled those ideals into her brain from the moment she took her first steps with the hopes that every step she took would lead her into a future of prosperity and power in the Malfoy name. It was only as she began to talk, to voice different ideas and opinions about the world, that he realized his daughter would grow up to be nothing like him. She wouldn't be malleable and obedient, but powerful and defiant. It was always in her nature, but she absorbed those very ideals and fit them to her desire. She became a little bit of everything, and she conquered something better than the world or power or the Malfoy legacy. She conquered herself, and that was perhaps the most dangerous thing she could do in a world where a single tyrant sought to be the only one in power. 

She was coming for them, for all of them, and she would be ruthless.  

She was different now. Not in the way she was different when she walked out into the world again after being locked up in the psych ward for three years. That girl was bitter and resentful of the world who wronged her,  but there was still a treasure of hope buried within the caged walls of her soul. Back then, she had people who cared about her to dig their way in and let the light shine -- Sirius, Theo, Draco, Andromeda, Nymphadora. Each of them helped her find her way back to herself somehow. This time around, she had no one but herself. Absolutely no one and nothing but a black void of darkness and despair. 

Like the defiant woman she was, she didn't take it lying down. She rose from the darkness. She clawed her way out of that pit of chaos, but she didn't make it out unscathed. She was mauled by the darkness, scarred by the despair, and after she emerged victorious from the fight of her life, she was tortured by greater evils than she ever fathomed. Davina was no longer the woman she was two years ago when she gave up everything for those who never would have sacrificed for her, and now she was reborn again from the ashes of the spite of those she once tried to help. 

She came for them -- for all the monsters who ever touched them, for the righteous bastard who shunned them, for the tyrant who turned them into the nightmares they always feared -- and they never saw it coming. She was going to be the nightmare they never woke up from. 

Davina Malfoy stood at the opposite end of the stadium, her piercing eyes staring right into crimson eyes of the soulless tyrant. She appeared calm and resolute, but her eyes were no longer afflicted with doubt or fear. They were solid, sharp ice -- bottomless pits of fury and wrath that inspired a swell of fear in the man who called himself fearless. Dark storm clouds circled the stadium like a looming hurricane, hovering over the pitch but not quite close enough to cause the destruction it was clearly capable of. At the center, at the helm of it, Davina declared war. 

She had conquered herself, and conquering her whole soul made her just as powerful as an immortal being without one. 

She broke out into a run. It all happened so quickly that many people in the crowd didn't have time to react. The darkness swarmed down into the stadiums and ripped the roofs and banners off of the scaffolding with loud screeches. She slashed her arms through the air and the cages entrapping her brother and husband exploded with a loud bang. The fragments and pieces soared into the crowd who leaped out of the way to dodge them. Those who loved Davina and those who thought of her as a hero ran towards the chaos instead of away from it. 

Andromeda, Remus, and Harry ran into the field and dropped onto their knees at Draco's side. Nymphadora, Neville, and Gideon raced to Theo's aid. Both young men lay in limp heaps on the floor, staring blankly at the swirl of colors and cringing at the roar of chaos in their ears. Draco's eyes found his sister somewhere along the way as his friend dragged him to his feet, and though she was a blur in his vision, he knew. He fucking knew, because that was his big sister and she came for him. For them. He looked at Theo, whose head lolled as the rest of their friends hauled him up. He could not stand. Draco wanted to yell at him, to grab him and cheer with relief and joy. She's alive! Davina's alive, and she's come for us! Theo, look up! Just look, and you'll see! But he couldn't find his voice nor make his lips form the words. He shouted and hollered, but nothing came out.