Chapter Six

Jane dragged me out of the large room

Jane dragged me out of the large room. In fact, she was pulling so hard on my wrist that I would not be surprised if there was going to be a bruise. "Jane! Jane stop!" I tried to break free but Jane did not even finch. "No, Mara! You have to come, you- no we'll be in so much more trouble if I let you leave.

I should have listened to Bella, sweet bambino was speaking the truth about this, place. I had trusted Jane, and it now seemed like my life was in danger. And what the craziness was with this 'mate' thing? I certainly wanted no part in this, especially since - "Oww!" Jane pulling harder on my hand snapped me out of my thoughts, "Jane..."

I was begging now, "Please let me go, please." Jane kept walking but turned to look at me, I noticed her blood red eyes and the frown on her face. "Just... Ugh! Mara can't you be quiet for a moment!" Jane started pulling me up a staircase, even if the moment was horrible, I was amazed by the architecture.

We reached the landing and with the hand that was not holding me, Jane rapped on the door. In less than a second, the door opened to reveal a pretty blonde woman. "Jane? Oh! You brought a snack." Jane rolled her eyes, "She's not a snack Corin."

Corin shrugged, "Well can we come in?" Jane snapped, Corin opened the door wider and she dragged me in. I decided to be silent, maybe I could bore them some much that they would let me go. As soon as the large mahogany door was closed Jane released my hand.

I stumbled backwards and into a corner, practically cowering. Another door opened at the other side of the room and two elegantly dressed woman entered. 

 One had dark brown hair and was average height. She wore a long black dress that seemed to be something you would only see in movies or in the costume aisle at Halloween. The other was shorter that the brown haired lady and had black hair. She also wore a Halloween worthy dress but it was dark blue and more slim fitting.

The brunette turned to Jane and her eye-brows clouded, "She doesn't smell right Jane." Jane was more respectful with the brunette than she had been with Corin. "I'm sorry my lady, but she isn't meant to be eaten." My lady? Who were these cannibalistic people?

The black haired lady stepped forwards giving me a small smile. "Is she Caius's..." She trailed off seeming quite interested. I wanted to scream at her, to tell her no, I was not Caius's anything, to leave me alone, that I wanted nothing of this.

Jane gave a stiff nod, "Yes lady Didyme." At this the brunette's eyes widened, quickly giving me a second glance. Didyme took a step towards me and I backed as far into the corner as I could. Didyme seemed to be sad as I did this. "I'm not going to hurt you dear."

I did not respond. "Is she English?" Jane glared at me and I felt bad for putting her on the spot... No! Jane was bad, she dragged me into this horrendous, beautiful... place.

"She understands English and I would think more than basic Italian, my lady." Then Corin approached me with a bounce in her step and a smile on her face. What was wrong with her? I closed my eyes tightly when she was in front of me.

"Hi! I'm Corin, what's your name?" I ignored her, I felt movement in front of my face, "Helloooo?" I was so dumb to ignore Bella's warning. So so dumb. "Is she deaf?" I recognized the voice of the brunette, "No, lady Sulpicia." Jane spoke seeming to be increasingly annoyed. So the brunette's name was Sulpicia.

"Is she mute?" There was a gust of wind, and I suspected that Corin must have moved away. "She was not mute two minutes ago, my ladies." Jane was getting mad, and I was happy to know this fact.

"Does she know that's were vampires?" Corin asked

Wait, "Vampires?"

***

End of Chapter Question: How do you think Amardad will react to this new information?