Chapter Seven

(This chapter is dedicated to Dragumia for her ideas to continue the story! Thanks a million!)

"Ahh, so you do talk!" Didyme smiled but I did not move, just staring at her expectantly. Had I imagined what Corin said about vampires. Corin's eyes widened slightly,

"I'm so sorry my queens! I should not have spoken!" Sulpicia rolled her eyes and huffed, "She would have found out anyway Corin." Jane just looked upset standing in the corner almost pouting.

Didyme approached me again and this time I did not flinch back. "Yes, we're vampires dear." I almost asked 'Will you eat me?' but then realized that I was probably already dead and this was my subconscious working. 

I suddenly felt brave, if this was just my subconscious I would not die right? "Are you all vampires?" Didyme's face lit up as I addressed her directly. "Oh, no! We have humans working here, like the receptionist and the janitorial staff as well as cooks and a gardener... I think."

Okay, well maybe she had a really detailed subconscious dream, or something... 

There was a curt nock at the door and Corin rushed over to in straining and opening the door. The blonde vamp king, Caius walked in his face a mask of indifference. "Come." Caius said looking directly at me. 

When I didn't move he frowned slightly, Didyme who was the closest to me quickly pushed me to my feet and pushed me towards Caius.

Jane glanced at me with a look of sadness on her face, and mouthed a quick 'I'm Sorry.'

Caius started and I walked after him silently if he was a vampire I had no chance anyway so why waste my breath? At the door a vampire, or who I guessed was a vampire joined us, walking silently behind me.

I guess he was a body guard or something. "Where are we going?" Caius kept walking, "To your room." I rolled me eyes, the guard seemed to find this funny and he smirked. "Why? Are you going to make me into a vamp or something?" 

At this Caius turned around and stopped suddenly making me almost face plant into his chest. "How did you know? Who told you?" I didn't reply right away so Caius raised an eyebrow. "Hmm?"

I frowned, he was clearly treating me like a child

I frowned, he was clearly treating me like a child. "Corin made it quite obvious when she said and I quote 'Does she know that we're vampires?' Didyme then told me what she said was true." He turned around and started walking again, "Yes." I stopped this time and the body guard bumped into me.

"No." Caius turned around once again looking at me with hateful eyes. "No?" Ne scoffed. "It's not your choice." 

"Well.... What if I worked here? I could finished cleaning up the garden! Yes! I can do that then I won't have to change. Didyme said that you have human workers-" "Fine." Caius cut me off and started walking again. "Really?"

"Do you think I would lie?" I shrugged and started walking slowly again. "Yes. Kind of." Caius did not say anything stopping at a mahogany door. "You will  be staying here. If you request anything ask Demetri."

With that he opened the door and pushed me inside leaving me alone in the dark room.

***

End of Chapter Question: What do you think Amardad will find in the room?