Chapter Twenty Five

Amardad sat in her and Caius' room, painstakingly brushing her hair, even as a vampire her hair got tangled very easily

Amardad sat in her and Caius' room, painstakingly brushing her hair, even as a vampire her hair got tangled very easily. Tomorrow was her wedding day and she could hardly wait, it been a couple months since Caius had proposed, but in her mind, it had taken way to long to get everything in order and now her bridesmaid and the person that was going to walk her down the aisle could be late.

The door opens and Caius slipped in, kissing her cheek and taking the brush from her, brushing her hair for her. "They will be back in time for the wedding tomorrow, right Caius?"

She felt Caius still for a moment before he continued brushing her hair. Jane, Alec, Felix and Dimitri had all left to Forks where they would help destroy a newborn vampire army that might have been targeting her sister. A month or so ago, Caius had realized that the girl that had come rescue her vampire boyfriend was Amardad's sister.

"Sweetheart? Could we speak for a moment?" Amardad walked to his side, confused as to why he sounded so nervous. She kissed him softly before sitting at his side, waiting patiently for him to start. "It was your sister that was here last month, to retrieve her alienated companion."

Amardad blinked. Once. Twice. What? Her mind was swirling around searching for something to hand into. "What? You saw my sister?" She scowled softly and Caius winced.

"I'm so sorry mi amore, I really didn't know, please don't look so angry."  Amardad sighed and rested her head on her palms.  "It's not you Caius.  I'm... I'm, well, just so angry at her! I just... I guess it comes with being a newborn and all but the anger I felt before is just so much more pronounced. She ignored me, didn't speak a word to me! I understand that she lost her boyfriend, but I'm her sister and she treated me like dirt under her shoe." Amardad took a deep staggering breath, trying to calm herself, she looked up at Caius who was looking at her with compassion clear on his face.

"Darling, I think Edward is her mate-" Amardad glared at the wall, "Yes, and? She didn't mention he was a vampire, which I'm guessing he was, and she completely ignored me. I was away from you for a while and it felt bad but I didn't close up like her." Caius hugged her tightly as a tear ran down the side of her face. "It's not like I want her to hurt or anything, I just don't really see why I should feel any sort of thing towards her." Caius had nodded and kissed her cheek, completely understanding her points.

When you became a vampire, most of your memories were subdued and big feelings tended to grow even bigger. He understood completely and while he hoped that they could at sometime resolve their feud, Isabella did seem quite bratty when he met her and Edward.

"Do you think that they'll be back on time?" Amardad questioned as Caius put down the hairbrush. Caius nodded, "I would think so, mi amore. I doubt they would miss this fort he world." There is suddenly a knock on her door and Sulpicia and Didyme entered quickly shooing Caius away.

"The wedding is tomorrow, Caius! You can't be here anymore, bye bye!" Sulpicia pushed Caius out the door and Didyme shut the door in his face, leaving Caius open-mouthed outside the door frozen in shock. After a moment he huffed and stormed off to find his brothers and complain - he was entitled quite obviously, it was the day before his wedding too!