Chapter Ten

Amardad woke to sunlight shining brightly in her eyes, blinking twice she stretched and maneuvered out of the soft covers

Amardad woke to sunlight shining brightly in her eyes, blinking twice she stretched and maneuvered out of the soft covers. She hadn't noticed the large window the previous night as it had been to dark to really see anything once she had finished painting. After getting up and stretching she walked over to the window, easily unlocking it and pushing it wide open, a light breeze ruffling her hair.

Her stomach growled softly and a soft blush appeared on her face. She would have to find, or ask, for some food, and soon. Walking into the main room she was surprised to find the bucket of paint replenished and Demetri, who was sprawled out on the sofa, reading a book. "Oh, you're finally awake. Honestly, why do you have to sleep so much?" Demetri asked, closing his book. 

She shrugged, feeling just a bit brave, "Why do you have to be so annoying?" Demetri narrowed his eyes in a playful way, if narrowing your eyes could be considered playful. "You have no right to judge me on that, you have only known me what... Five minutes?" Demetri threw up his hands in exasperation, and Amardad opened her mouth was about to interject but was cut off, "And if anyone is really annoying it's Felix. 110% Felix, I'm the cool one."

Amardad just nodded, lacking the words to express how she felt about his little rant. Her stomach growled once again, and this time a blush formed much quicker. "Oh, you humans have to eat more often," He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "I forgot. Sorry."

Demetri got up and went over to a cabinet that she hadn't noticed before, opening it he pulled out a plate with pancakes on it. "Is this okay? It might be cold, I thought you would wake up sooner."

Amardad shrugged, inching towards Demetri and the plate of pancakes. Demetri handed the plate to her and then reached over to pick up a knife and a fork handing them to her as well. "Thank you." Amardad walked quickly over to the desk sitting down and started eating, keeping a watchful eye on Demetri. 

"Can I leave?" Demetri's eyes snapped to her and he shrugged, "Well, you can go if you have someone with you. It's mostly because that we can't have you start screaming at everyone that the goths living in the clocktower are actually vampires. You also told Master Caius that you would tend to the garden, so I would to that too at some point. He can get very grumpy faster then you can say avada kedavra."

Amardad nodded, pushing the last piece of pancake around her plate before finally eating it. "Could we stay away from Jane?" 

Demetri seemed shocked, "Aren't you, like, best buds or something?" 

"No, not anymore. I don't like what she did, I trusted her." Demetri sighed, "Master Aro told her to get you, if she hadn't brought you, he could have found you easily on his own and killed or turned you right away."

Amardad shook her head, "Okay, I get that but she still could have been nicer." She set her fork down and got up, walking to the door and picking up her shoes putting them on. Turning back she still saw Demetri lounging in the chair, "Are you coming?"

"Hey! Don't snap at me. I'm way older than you, child."

Rolling his eyes he opened the door leading her down corridors she didn't recognize until they reached a door that she did recognize, the one leading to the garden.

Amardad opened the door walking over to the place where she had been weeding and sat down with an annoyed huff. Demetri, being a vampire, pulled his cape's hood over his head walked over to a patch of shade and sat down. "Are you going to help?"

"I'm not the gardener." He snapped but got down beside her and helped her remove the weeds, Demetri doing this task rather aggressively

"How are you doing?" Demetri turned to look at me and blinked, shocked. "I, well... I have a crush on this amazing person and," He sighed, "Why am I telling you this? I really love this person, but I don't think they like me too." 

Amardad frowned, "Don't say that. You're amazing, I'm sure that they, whoever they are, think that too." Demetri smiled softly, a feeling of hope-something that he had not felt in a while-bloomed in his chest.

***

End of Chapter Question: Who do you think Demetri has a crush on?