009. old friends

( oo9. old friends )
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

GOTHAM CITY, NEW YORK
WAYNE MANOR
12:23 AM

IT WAS PAST MIDNIGHT BY TIME DAMIAN had finished patrolling and returned back to the Manor. He quietly pulled the ledge that opened his window and swiftly entered the room, the click of the window closing behind him. He would've been home about fifteen minutes early if he had not spent that amount of time small talking with Storm.

Tonight was an unusual night for him and it was the closest he had ever been to being social with someone other than his family and the Titans. The sound of car horns and traffic followed outside his window as he took of his gear. The boy never knew what went on in Storm's personal life, and the fact that she was comfortable sharing that to a complete stranger was beyond him. But he knew what she meant when she told Robin that today wasn't her day.

He had caught her arguing with a boy earlier that day. Damian didn't want to eavesdrop on their conversation but based on Storm's reaction, she clearly had history with him. He wasn't really going to involve himself with Storm's problems simply because it was none of his concern. He had other things to worry about.

Damian decided it was best for him to shower because of the sweat that built up from jumping from building to building the whole night. He quickly got a change of clothes, entered his bathroom and turned on the shower.

Steam began to surround the area as the water hot warmer. As he got in he was immediately reminded of the current situation at hand. His grandfather had something to do with the loose murderer that showed no mercy the victim they brutally killed that night.

His family secrets made him yearn for more answers, but that opportunity was obviously dead now. All the people who could've given him answers were dead. The only thing that made sense to him was that the slaughterer was an assassin, and Ra's had to know him somehow, including Damian's mother. But he felt like it was more to it. Especially how they just left the body there as if they wanted the police to find it.

But why the hell would they kill the man at all? It still made no sense whatsoever. Growing up, he was told that he should always kill with a purpose or a valid motive. That's what the teenage boy's grandfather had taught him, and he could remember the voice of Ra's feeding him all of that nonstop knowledge about the League of Assassins' morals and ways.

"You shall always kill with a purpose, Grandson. Without so much as justification, you'll drag yourself down the wrong direction as an assassin, which is intolerable for your future, Damian."

The words stuck to his mind like glue. It wouldn't go away at all. Another one of his grandfather's sayings crept into his mind like a bug also.

"Show no mercy towards your enemies."

"Remember who you were born to be."

A fucking murderer. A personal weapon that they thought they could control like a mindless machine. In reality, Damian's grandfather wanted to turn him into a pawn that he could put to use in his selfish plans. He had set him up to be a ruthless killer. Damian knew he was far gone from the killing stage because of his father, but his past still lingered onto his mind; a fucking pain in the ass if you asked him.