001. gotham academy

( oo1. gotham academy )
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

gotham city , new york
anderson's apartment
8:30 AM

"storm, you're gonna be late for school!"

STORM'S EYES SHOT OPEN immediately when her mother said that. she sweared under her breath and rolled out her bed, her braids swinging all over the place. as soon as moved the braids from in front of her face, she grabbed her phone and scurried down to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

storm aggressively scrubbed her teeth with her toothbrush for a good minute and a half, and rinsed her mouth out with water. she sprinted back to her room and found her uniform to put on. after she tugged on the white button-down shirt and navy blue skirt that went just above her knees, she grabbed her phone and put on her black and yellow air forces.

she threw her long braids up into a ponytail while a few braids out on both sides. storm hurried up to put on her glasses and grab her book bag before sprinting down the hallway into the living room, where her parents were sitting, watching the big screened tv.

her mom laughed at her quickness.

"this is why you shouldn't sleep past your alarm. you know how you get when you start rushing. you might forget something." she said.

storm whined out, "it's not my fault i'm like this at fifteen. i'm just a heavy sleeper."

"oh god, you sure are your father's child," her mom joked, earning a chuckle from storm and a surprised, but offended look from her husband. "you don't need to walk either. trevor's outside waiting."

"alright, mom. i'll see y'all later. love y'all." storm quickly gave her mom and dad a hug before sprinting towards the front door and down the building's hallway.

she pulled out her iphone to see what time is was and it was 8:45 am.

shit, she thought to herself as she ran to the elevator. thank god she lived on the third floor. it would've felt like years going down the elevator if she was higher. once the elevator reached the first floor, storm quickly scurried out of the building and onto the sidewalk, where many people were walking.

right beside the curb, she saw her best friend's yellow car parked in front of her. he rolled down the passenger side's window and let out a laugh.

"you look like shit."

storm rolled her eyes, smiling as she opened the car door and sat in the passenger's seat. "yeah, thanks for noticing, trevor." She said sarcastically.

"did you seriously wake up late again? i swear, that's like the only thing that hasn't changed about you." he made fun of her, earning a small chuckle from storm. he then began to speed off from in front of storm's house.

she only shrugged her shoulders, "i'm one heavy ass sleeper." storm then turned her head back towards trever. "you wanna grab some ice cream after school?"

"sorry, i can't. i have football practice after school, remember?" trevor reminded storm of his after school activities.