015. the phantom

( o15. the phantom )
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

GOTHAM CITY
THE NARROWS
1:07 AM

"DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE new psychopathic son-of-a-bitch that's been going around and killing off creed's men? they don't know who they're dealing with." the bald, buff man with sleeve tattoos shared with one of his gang members.

     they were both having their conversation at the table in a nearby bar, deep down in the narrows. ever since the news informed everyone about the recent killings, the citizens of gotham had been keeping more of an eye out for any weird behavior, because ... well, it was gotham. there was no telling who you could trust in that city.

the other man named andreas began to acknowledge the situation. "yeah. they're saying it was some sort of assassin. calling him the phantom or some shit like that." he said uneasy.

"do you think they know?" the tattooed man confusingly asked. he wasn't gonna lie and say that he didn't fear what would happen if all of creed's men were eliminated and the assassin came straight towards their gang. there was no telling whether he would be next or not.

"i mean, how the hell could they find out? we're all paid to just keep quiet and get the man what he wants." andreas said.

      the tattooed man gestured his hands up with his shoulders shrugged. "you mean why creed has us trading and transferring all of those weapons—"

     andreas interrupted him immediately, putting his finger to mouth, signaling him to shut up before he started saying shit that would expose them. there was no telling who could be listening in there. "shut the hell up before you rat us out!" he whisper-yelled.

      "we don't even know who the boss is who even working with. he's never been this secretive before. i wonder what's really going on."

all the guy did was shrug unknowingly and put his hands up in defense. "listen, man. all i know is that i'm not tryna get my ass killed out there. whoever that maniac is managed to kill four people within less than two fucking weeks and i don't wanna dead meat next."

"then don't mention it around here, man. ain't no telling what that monster is capable of. we already got batman's nosey ass to worry about, and now all of a sudden, some newbie wants to start killing off everybody involved." andreas told him. "now, let's get out of here. i'm done for the day."

     after the two got up out their seats, the sound of the bell rang throughout the bar, signaling that the two left out the door.

      "awe, shit. it's fucking raining. i need to hurry up and get back to the crib." the tatted man complained, using the black jacket around his waist to protect his head from getting wet.

      moon's beautiful light shined on the streets while the rest of the sky was pitch black. the strong rain hitting the cracked streets and sidewalks while fire trucks were heard in the background.

      nobody was really outside at this time. of course they weren't. it was way past 1:00 in the morning, which was why both men had to get home quickly for work in the morning. donavan creed was already getting more strict with his alliance and getting what he needed done. nobody wanted to hear his mouth about them being late.