Chapter 6

*"Don't do that. Don't everdo that!"*

(A/N)
Hi everyone 👋

This week is crazy!
So many work to be done
Helping my big bro to spy that bitch
And my mom's birthday on Feb. 1😩

Anyway enjoy 😘

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**--*-*

            ----}WARNING!{----

Mature scene if your 16 below don't read this! It's for adults only🤗

Reiner spends way too long picking out his outfit for the gym on Saturday.

It takes forty-five minutes and an emergency visit from Historia-accompanied by Ymir, who found the whole thing hilarious and was deeply unhelpful-before he decides on a pair of black shorts that fall to his knees and are fitting but not too tight and a well-aged, clearly loved tank top with the legend Sev'ral Timez World Tour 2013 on it. He declines on Ymir's suggestion of pasties under the tank, and shoves her out the door when she tries to hand him condoms.

He's well-stocked in that department, thank you very much. But he's also not planning on anything happening today. No, he's going to be very professional and play it straight-or as straight as a grown man in a boy band tank top can play anything.

As he's driving to the gym, Reiner can admit that he's excited about this. It's not a date, not technically, but he can't help feeling like it is. It's been a long, long time since he's hung out with an attractive guy who was also interested in men, and even if they just do a work out together and then go home, he thinks he'll be satisfied with his day.

"Reiner Braun, you are one sad, lonely guy."

Saying it out loud in an empty car makes it feel far too real, and Reiner cranks up the radio and sings along for the rest of the drive to the gym.

Galliard is waiting for him in the gym's entryway, standing behind the desk and looking over the shoulder of Hannah, the red-headed girl who works there. Reiner takes a moment to admire their hair, Hannah's dark and a more fierce shade of red, Galliard's paler and with those hints of gold in it, before Galliard looks up and sees him.

For just a moment, something uncertain flits across Galliard's face-a moment of doubt? a moment of weakness?-but then he's stepping around the desk and offering Reiner his hand to shake, wearing a big cheesy grin that matches the phone voice he'd used at the beginning of his spiel two days ago.

"Hey! Welcome back!" Galliard grasps Reiner's hand and gives it three firm shakes before dropping it; he then immediately latches onto Reiner's arm and starts leading him away. "Let's go get your paperwork filled out and then we can get started!"

Reiner allows himself to be led, but when they're out of Hannah's earshot, he turns to look at Galliard and says, very quietly, "No bullshit."

Galliard visibly bristles at that, but then his shoulders slump down in defeat and he sighs. "Yeah, okay, fine, no bullshit, but just let's get to one of the workrooms before that."

Reiner nods-appearances matter, of course, especially when out in public-and he lets Galliard lead him through the gym, past the watching eyes of the other trainers and the Botoxed, pinched mouth woman who owns the place, into one of the little workrooms near the locker rooms. Galliard lets go of him as soon as they're inside and the door is closed behind them, and Reiner takes a seat at the little table in the center of the room.