Chapter 10

*Emotions*

Enjoy 😘

Vote and comment 🥰
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Reiner can’t feel his arm.That probably  means someone is lying on it, and he sleepily reaches out with his other arm. Sure enough, there’s a warm, pliable body next to him in the bed, and Reiner curls his arm around it, drawing him close to his chest, spooning around him. In his still-mostly asleep state, he defaults to it being Jean, the last person he regularly shared a bed with, and sleepily nuzzles into the back of his neck. Have things been righted? Is Jean not mad at him anymore? God, he’s missed this, these sleepy mornings together, lounging and cuddling, sweet kisses exchanged, and maybe some slow, gentle lovemaking before getting up and making breakfast.

Except Jean was always lean and whip-cord thin, all wiry muscle and knobby spine, and the person he’s holding is thicker, solid through the waist and heavy with muscles. His hair is shorter, shaved close to the skin in the back, bristly under Reiner’s lips, and he’s warmer; Jean always ran a few degrees lower than normal and easily got cold, and this man is burning like a little combustion engine in Reiner’s arms, pumping out heat into the little cocoon of blankets.

Reiner opens his eyes, and his vision fills with red-gold hair splayed across his pillowcase.

Galliard.

It all comes flooding back, all at once: Galliard bringing his dog over, then leaving to go to the gym; Reiner taking Sarge for a slow, meandering walk through the neighborhood, waiting patiently as the dog sniffed and then peed on almost everything in his path; Galliard coming back from the gym, and finding them on the couch, and then… and then everything that happened after.

Reiner shifts his hips back, both as a test and to get them away from Galliard’s rump, which he’d been nestled up behind and which had formed a very tempting cushion for his cock. He’s sore, the kind of sore that results from some quality sex, and he can feel dried cum and lube caked between his legs and in his pubic hair. He’s going to need a shower, and some time stretching, before he feels like himself again. That doesn’t address the more pressing problem, though: the fact that Galliard fell asleep here and somehow migrated over into a cuddling position during the night, and how he’ll react when he wakes up.

Reiner wishes he could just go back to sleep and enjoy this a little longer, but he can see his alarm clock over Galliard’s shoulder, and it’s coming around to six o’clock. He knows Galliard works at Starbucks in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoons—he’s frequently trailed by the scent of coffee and sugar, clinging to his clothes—and doesn’t want him to miss a shift.

“Galliard.” Reiner lifts his arm and lays it across Galliard’s bicep, giving him a little shake. “Galliard, wake up.”

Nothing. No movement at all at first, then Galliard makes that sleepy, grumbling sound in his throat that he’d made when he was napping on the couch, and rolls over, into Reiner’s arms. He flings his free arm over Reiner’s side and buries his face in his chest, mumbling something that is probably supposed to be words but just sounds like mush.

For just a moment, Reiner rests his chin on top of Galliard’s head, in his tangle of silky hair, and wishes they could stay like this, almost as much as he wishes Galliard would let Reiner hold him like this. If he was allowed, Reiner would hold him like this all night, and fall asleep to the gentle beat of Galliard’s heart next to his own.