gennin and wizards

Harry and Sasuke turned slightly, their latest mouthful of homemade cooking (courtesy of Harry himself) half to their mouths, watching in horror as Naruto started to almost inhale the food from his bowl. Harry was too gob-smacked to say anything – even Sasuke looked like his eyes were about to fall out. Finally, Sasuke manage to gain enough control over his jaw to choke out. "At this rate, you're going to end up killing yourself, dobe"

"No 'm no', 'astha'd" Naruto said around a mouth full of half-chewed rice balls.

"Ugh, at least swallow before you mouth off, moron."

"Don't tell me what to do, jack-ass!" Naruto shot back, before whipping round to Harry, his eyes sparkling as he held the bowl up. "Harry, that was sooooo good! I've never tasted onigiri that tastes as good as Ichiraku's ramen before!"

"How can you tell?" Harry asked weakly. Harry knew he himself could be a quick eater if he wanted to, but that was ridiculous! "You couldn't possibly have tasted any of that!"

"Nuh-uh! It was brilliant! It was amazing!" Naruto was practically bouncing on his seat. Harry looked away, rubbing a hand over his hair with a slight blush. Sasuke, however, was smirking slightly.

"Hn, so you're finally getting a vocabulary other than 'bastard', eh, idiot."

Naruto's head whipped round so fast that Harry was sure he heard the bones in his neck crack, glaring at Sasuke. "Bastard…!"

Sasuke sighed with a slight shrug, "Guess not."

"I'll kill you!"

Harry grabbed both their collars as Naruto tried to pounce on Sasuke with a sigh. It had been like this since Naruto became the new addition to the family, and it had been almost 2 months!, although it hadn't changed much, though Sasuke was now giving his best glare towards his cousin for Harry's 'insane neighbourly bonding schemes', as Sasuke was staring to call it. "Alright, calm down you two. I swear, can't you get along a little better?"

Harry forced himself not to step back when the two boys glared hard at each other and it was as if the atmosphere had become charged with ill intent from both the boys. It was as if lightning was passing between their eyes. Somehow, by the look in both of their eyes – a look that Harry himself knew all to well (hell, he probably invented the look) – made Harry feel all of his warning senses go off. Somehow, he felt as though a prank war of some kind was about to begin. After all, with Harry as an influence on the other Uchiha and with Naruto's obvious pranking skills, it couldn't be anything else declared with those scheming eyes.

He was saved, however, when there was a sharp rapping on the door.

"Hold that thought," Harry muttered, dropping the boys' back in their seats and swiftly moved out of the way towards the hall. Sliding the chain on the door, he opened it as far as the chain would allow. "Yes?"

Harry paused when he saw the shinobi on the other side of the door. An ANBU, if the bird-like mask – a hawk - was anything to go by, and female judging by the shape within the standard uniform. Short, chin-length hair of pale brown shifted over her mask. Seeing Harry, she bowed slightly. "Uchiha" she said, her voice soft. She stood once more. "I was sent by the Hokage to tell you that he wishes to speak with you."

"I will go after we finish eating, thank you ANBU" he said bowing
"Of course Uchiha" and the ANBU banished in a puff of smoke as Harry went to talk to his younger brothers

"Alright squirts, old man Hokage needs me so don't break anything while I leave got it" he said as he finished eating
"Yes big bro Harry" answered Sasuke and Naruto
"Well I'm off" and Harry went by the rooftops to Hokage tower