Quid-itch

BAM!

Harry jumped slightly from where he was dozing on top of his Charms homework and blinked up at Hermione, who had just dropped a large book in front of him, enough to make the whole table shake. He found himself being shot a slightly disapproving glare.

"Honestly, Harry, it's a wonder you actually keep up with the class, the amount of time you spend sleeping." She scolded him, hands on her hips as she looked down at him.

Harry propped his head up on his elbows and pouted. "I resent that – I do not spend all my time sleeping."

"Oh yes? What about in Astronomy?"

"I've already done that at home," Harry whined. "I could already have told you where Polaris could be found, and the Orion constellation if I got lost somewhere to get me back home."

"Okay then, Defence Against the Dark Arts?"

Harry pouted. "But, Hermione, he spends the whole lesson reciting from the book and if you ask questions he turns into a stuttering wreck. It's easier to just learn from the book. At least then I know it wasn't garbled by the guy's stutter."

"History of Magic?" Hermione prodded him in the chest.

The genin rolled his eyes. "Hermione, everyone falls asleep in History of Magic. You're the only one who seems to be immune to it."

"Okay, so you might have a point there…" Hermione muttered under her breath, before jumping straight back into it by shooting Harry another disapproving glare that seemed to wash right over his head. "But that's beside the point. You never seem to be doing any homework, you never seem to read anything and yet you get the same marks as me in some classes. HOW DO YOU DO IT!"

Harry leaned back, stuffing his finger into his hear to calm the ringing in it after that outburst. "I happen to employ the learn-while-sleeping learning style." He said brightly. Hermione looked at him incredulously.

"Learn…while sleeping…?" She gave him a hard look. "You can't be serious!"

"Of course I am!" Harry said, sounding rather offended that Hermione didn't believe him. "Its scientifically proven that listening to learning tapes while sleeping makes it easier to learn whatever subject the tape was on about. It also happens to work in lectures."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. Harry relented with a heaving sigh. "Oh alright. Actually I just read before bed."

Actually, I just get a clone to read up on everything while we're in class and transfer it to me when it disperses, but I'm not going to tell her that! Trade secrets and all.

"Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense…" Hermione calmed, sitting down in the chair opposite. "Oh yes! By the way, you know when you fought that Troll a few days ago? I was thinking about it. During the fight…you used some weird flames on it. What kind of spell was that?"

"Well…" Harry suddenly felt nervous. Oh, as if he used the Fireball in front of one of the most observant civilian magical student! Harry no Baka! Well, nothing he could do about it now, except…

"Of course you've seen it before, Hermione, don't you remember doing the Incendio charm last week in charms?"

Why, lie through his teeth, of course!

Thankfully the troll was between himself and Hermione, otherwise he doubted he could have explained it off so easily. Even more thankfully, the wires of his Sofushasan no Taichi were far too thin for the civilian eye to see. Hell, it was difficult for even some Shinobi to see. He'd already passed of the effects of the wires as being the Full Body Bind that hadn't completely worked because of the creature's thick hide. And that shuriken he had thrown as being just transfigured tiles to get his attention, having watched too many 'Ninja movies' (he had almost felt like smacking his head on the table when he said that yesterday).