A Unicorn Slayer

Exams were coming up and everyone needed to study, especially with all the teachers clamping down on their subjects and piling them with homework. Even Harry had taken up studying from his notes and books, which sent his whole house into shock as it was well known that Harry never ever seemed to study despite his good marks. Even worse for Harry was that he had to split up his remaining free time between Quidditch and training.

Of course no one knew he was looking at advanced books with shadow clones and the sharingan.
If studying with clones was easy then the sharingan definitely made it as easy as breathing.
He always remembered everything the book said so he was positive he would ace the theory part of exams, and he was a shinobi, he was a master at practical.

Copying the teachers with his eyes also helped.

It was about a week away before the exams were about to start and Harry was just on his way back from the library, where he had been giving back a book on Herbology, when a flash of chakra almost caused him to flinch back, his scar prickling. Up ahead, someone whimpered loudly.

"No – no – not again, please-"

Quirrell? Harry wondered, moving a little closer, trying to ignore the pain in his forehead under his hitae-ate. It almost sounded like someone was threatening him. That strange chakra signature blazed once more and Quirrell suddenly began to sob.

"All right – all right-"

Harry suddenly had to jump back to avoid being run over by Quirrell, who dashed out of the room without even looking where he was going, his face ashen as he straightened up his turban. Harry looked back at him with narrowed eyes, before glancing into the room the man had just vacated. However, there was no sign of anyone else having been there.

I wonder…just what's going on here? And what have you got to do with it, Quirrell?

However, not even all the Kage Bunshin in the world could give Harry the time to investigate further into it other than tell Hermione and Ron about what he had seen, with the exams fast approaching, especially with the limited time he already had. In fact, Harry was now resorting to leaving a regular clone laying on his bed upstairs asleep (to conserve energy), which would give Harry an alibi as long as no one tried to touch him, and slipping out to the forest just before sunset to train, due to having no extra time.

This particular night began like any other. Harry had excused himself, saying he wanted to turn in early, and slipped up to the dormitories. Checking around, Harry quickly did the hand seals and an exact replica of himself stood in front of him. Clone Harry turned to look at him with a nod, before taking up residence on the bed, curling up as if asleep.

Making sure no one was about to burst into the room, Harry pulled his invisibility cloak over his head, pushed open the window and spirited through it, his chakra-charged feet sticking to the cold stone walls as he ran, jumping the last few metres with a barely a sound. Making his way a little into the forest to a small clearing at the edge of the wood, Harry took a quick look over the area he had marked out as his own.

It wasn't much – there was a tree with a small branch that Harry hung a target from and was large enough to have a spar with one of his Shadow clones, or a group of them, if he wished. However, something caused him to pause as he reached the clearing. A breeze caused a faint, metallic smell to catch his nose. The smell was unmistakable. How could he not remember that coppery stench after the massacre and killing the troll?

It was blood.

Harry's eyes widened in surprise and he scanned the area, slipping out a kunai from his pouch when something caught his eye. Warily, Harry approached, all his senses on high alert in case it was some kind of trap. Something glinted in the fading light and Harry crouched down beside it, the scent of blood filling his nostrils.