✈︎

Chapter Six

"All your love overgrown

"All your love overgrown."
-Ontario-

Trigger warning: attempted rape
The part will be marked with ✈︎✈︎✈︎. Please only read if you'll be okay or skip it. You will be able to understand the plot still.

Stay safe.

The following three weeks fly by. Time spent in the summer heat, staring at the stars at night and in each other's embrace. Any thoughts of the past are gone from Vienna's mind. For now.

The peace she thinks she's found isn't permanent. Yet again nothing really is permanent.

Wilbur and Vienna spend a lot of time at the beach. If you asked either of them why they would only say it's peaceful. It usually is, the calming sounds of the waves filling any silence.

Other days the children that often visit cause a chaotic energy. They run into the water or chase each other, not having a care in the world. These days the sounds of screaming and laughing fill the air.

Today is one of the chaotic days.

Vienna is sitting next to Wilbur on a bench just close enough to watch everything but not be disrupted. Vienna gently messes with Wilburs hand as they sit together. She traces invisible patterns before eventually lacing their fingers together.

"Do you ever think about having a family?" Wilbur asks quietly as a pair of kids run by.

Vienna's eyes trail after them for a moment before she answers. "I don't want kids, never really have. Just doesn't seem like the life for me."

Wilbur nods slightly in agreement. "I don't really think about it. That all feels like it should be so far away but I know people my age who already have a kid."

"I understand that completely," Vienna says quietly resting her head on his shoulder. She sighs and he squeezes her hand gently. They sit in silence for a few minutes, Vienna's gazing at each of Wilburs features she has grown to adore so much.

He looks down at her a gives her a small smile. Vienna sits up and faces him. His hand slowly moves to rest on her cheek, his head drawing near her.

"Can I kiss you?"

Vienna sucks in a quick breath and slowly nods and with permission Wilbur moves and connects their lips.

Time feels like it stops when his lips meet hers. Vienna's heart pounds in her chest. She can only focus on how gentle his touch feels. The addicting way he invade all of her senses.

Wilburs fingers press gently against her cheek as they barely move apart. He's breathless, eyes closed and staying close enough to feel her warm breath still.

Vienna smiles and laughs breathlessly. That kiss was like something she hadn't experienced in years, if ever. It had been filled with passion but beneath that something more gentle.

Longing perhaps. The longing to be with each other that had existed since the moment they met. Yet something stood in the way of longing for Vienna.

Fear.

That fear is what causes her to ruin the moment. She stands up abruptly, her breath shaking. It overtakes her emotions, clouding her judgment.

"I'm so sorry," she says her voice wavering. "I need to go Will." With that she leaves him behind once again. Leaving him with that longing and fear but an added anger.

Wilbur has every right to be angry. This is the second time she's left him behind. Her own fear not letting her accept the good things that could happen. Yet he still wants her. The idea of that being impossible and not enough for her to stay is the reason he doesn't chase after her. Not this time.

Vienna runs. She always runs. At first she isn't planning on completely leaving, not wanting to be completely irrational. When she runs into Josh that idea changes.

✈︎✈︎✈︎
(Skip)

She's heading back to the house, her vision blurred by tears when she meets him. She walks by and he goes unnoticed until his hand snakes around her arm.

She feels herself being dragged backwards and her natural instinct to fight kicks in. She thrashes around in a desperate attempt to escape the arms wrapped around her torso.

She yells for help but no ones around. Her back is soon pressed against a wall held in my by a strong arm.

"I told you you couldn't get rid of me," Josh's voice in laced with venom. His breath hot against her face.

Vienna's chest heaves as she spits on him. "Get the fuck off me," she yells, "now." She continues to struggle against his restraint.

"I'm not done with you." As he leans in to try kiss her Vienna's knee connects with his crotch. Upon impact he curls into himself and Vienna uses the moment of weakness to escape.

She runs as fast as her legs can carry her only stopping when she's inside her house. She locks the door and checks every window making sure they're closed.

✈︎✈︎✈︎
(Continue)

With tears rushing down her face she goes to her room and shoves things back into her bags. She packs quickly, only thinking about getting the hell out of Brighton.

She tells herself that she should have never come back. Meeting Wilbur had been a good thing until it hurt. She never should've met him, never knew about his existence.

It would have been so much easier. Neither of their lives would have been interrupted like they had been. He would have been better off without her. The only thing Vienna believes she has done has come in and caused chaos. Ruined his life even.

Vienna orders an Uber to take her to the airport, then changes to Wilburs house. He deserves an explanation, or as much as she can give. Vienna also wants to say goodbye, thank him for the happiest few weeks she had had in a long while.

He deserves to know she's leaving, and that it has nothing to do with him.