✈︎✈︎

Chapter 9

It's been sixty weeks since I saw Vienna

✈︎✈︎✈︎

The bright aroma of coffee settles around Vienna as she sits in a small coffee shop in a corner of London. She's wearing a long Khaki coloured coat, the warm mug sitting in front of her.

It's a rainy day in London, typical for the time of year. Vienna is seated near a window, watching the traffic and droplets of rain roll down the window.

Her phone sits unattended to next to her as she enjoys her coffee. It lights up once and a while but it's the usual notifications. The one that catches her attention is from a number she doesn't have saved. It's a text with an audio file attached.

Over the last few nights Wilbur has lost sleep debating about what to do. The finished versions of his songs were sent back to him and he felt the need to send Since I Saw Vienna to the girl it was written about.

Anxiety kept him awake about if it was the right thing. Multiple times he got close to sending it and then backed out. Wilbur could only guess what her reaction would be.

He hopes it would be nothing. That she would listen and understand what he meant by sending it. Vienna always had a way of understanding him and he hopes that's still true.

It takes some convincing from his friends to get him to finally connect his finger to the send button. In the late morning he does so and it gets sent out to wherever she is in the world.

He has no idea she is in London. Closer than he would have ever imagined. Even if he had know Wilbur has no desire to see her. It's taken him way to long to get the point where he is. He's finally beginning to be happy again. No longer completely dwelling in the past.

Vienna stares at the file on her phone for a while before she realizes who it may be from. After connecting her headphones she opens it and presses play.

Wilbur's voice fills her ears for the first time in a long long while. She listens and can't help a smile. That smile comes along with tears, but they aren't sad. Her heart swells with joy as she listens intently. This is what she knew he could become, the reason she left, so he could grow.

After the song finishes she sets her phone aside and finishes her warm drink. Vienna doesn't respond to the text, it feels unnecessary. She knows he didn't send the song to her as a way to have contact with her again. The opposite appeared to be true.

The song was meant to be the final chapter in their story.

It's a good one as well. Bittersweet, yes, but good. Wilburs way with words perfectly sums up both their feelings. All the memories tied up in a nice little bow.

Vienna rises from her chair, pays and walks out of the shop. Despite the rain the streets of London are filled with people. With a smile on her face Vienna faces the traffic. She grips her phone in her hand tightly staring out at the cars.

Drawing her arm back she throws the device underneath the swift moving tires of the cars. She watches the glass shatter and lets everything go. As everything on the phone is deleted she lets Wilbur, and the memories attached fade from her mind. All they are now are stories to share at parties or with strangers.

It's been sixty weeks since he's seen Vienna and now they both can finally be at peace.

A/N
Two short chapters later and this book is finished! I hope you enjoyed this. It's definitely got a lot darker themes than anything I've written before. It was fun to write in regards to expanding my skills.

Keep an eye out for my next book which is already in the works. (Ranboo fans get hyped.)

Love you!