Chapter 9: The Badge And The Burden

Weiss Schnee sleeps soundly in her new bed. Her eyes flutter open and she stretches her arms above herself, yawning, while Ruby Rose, dressed in her strangely-colored school uniform, creeps up on her side and suddenly blows a whistle, causing Weiss to fall off the bed.

This ruckus all happens while Y/n sleeps on a mattress in the corner. Even with the loud noise the prince is still in a deep hibernation.

Ruby: "Good morning, Team RWBY and Team KING!"

Weiss:"What in the world is wrong with you?"

Ruby: "Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business."

Weiss clearly looks confused, wondering if the Rose forgot about the mute sleeping soundly in a corner.

Weiss: "Excuse me?"

Yang: she holds a collection of objects - pillows, pamphlets, a candle-holder - in her arms, also dressed alongside Blake Belladonna "Decorating!"

Weiss: "What?!"

Blake: she lifts her suitcase "We still have to unpack." the suitcase opens, spilling its contents "Aaaand clean."

Weiss does not look enthusiastic, especially when Ruby knocks her back again with the blow of her whistle.

Ruby: "Aaaalright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission!" she raises her fist into the air "Banzai!"

Blake and Yang: doing the same at her sides "Banzai!"

Weiss rolls her eyes and looks defeated.

——-

The constant rummaging, shifting and loud voices finally makes the prince slowly flutter his eyes open.

He looks to his left and sees Yang places a poster of six guys in various poses named "THE ACHIVE MEN" on her part of the room.

The redhead shifts his gaze to his right and watched as Weiss Weiss positions the painting of the Forever Fall Forest to perfection and walks away.

Next up he looks in front of him and sees Blake putting away her books on the shelves, picking up a copy of Ninjas of Love and widening her eyes as she warily looks around before putting it back.

Finally he watches Ruby position Crescent Rose at an exact angle against the curtains so she can perfectly slash a diagonal portion off.

Seeing all of this makes Y/n a little disoriented, so he stands upright and makes himself known.

The four girls shift their focus on the boy, who once again is fitted in nothing but some pajama pants.

No matter how many times they see it, the group of teenaged girls always fall into a trance.

Y/n noticed this and shakes his head. He walks away from the drooling women and goes to get changed.

——

As he gets into uniform he decides he should go see if his father ever got his prize.

He leisurely strolls through campus, taking lefts, rights, going on elevators everything you could imagine. Beacon was like a labyrinth.

He is finally met with two large doors, beautiful and intricate carvings were visible within the dark entrance.

The redhead saves the time of knocking and barges into his fathers room, he is met with a startled Ozpin who was tinkering with a small device.

The old man with gray hair looks at his son with annoyed eyes.

Ozpin: "Do you know how to knock? I'm pretty sure I taught you better than that."