Ceremony

Ellera

By noon, everyone flood to the coliseum for the ceremony. Everyone is excited to see the new First and Second. I can't lie that I am too. I did a little quick research and found out that the First and the Second are made to protect the district.

I settle on a seat as I wait. A few minutes later, an announcement comes it. It welcomes us to join the ceremony and the new First and Second will be welcome shortly. I watch the stage as music is being play.

"The time we have had been waiting for is here. Before we continue, I would like everyone to applaud to our former First and Second. We will thank them for protecting us, keeping us safe from threats outside our district," I clap with everyone after the announcement. After it dies down the announcement continue, "Please welcome our newly Second, Duvessa Archil!" Everyone clap, scream, and cheer. Wow, people are fans of her.

From the left side of the room where the doors are, I see her short grey hair. It's the only thing to spot her. She is found smiling and waving with one hand as her other arm is in a cast. Woah, what happened to her. But at least the streaks are gone from her face now. I found myself smiling when I maybe shouldn't, but I'm really happy for her despite her being mean to me.

Duvessa, in a fantastic silver suit, walk up the stage. She is congratulate by all the councils, five people, and the Elder. After that, she was crown as the Second. Why? How come? Did she wanted to be the Second? After she's been crown, she waves at the crowd. I found that her eyes landed on me. Her smile turns into a smirk then I feel something hit my forehead. Whatever that was fell by my feet. I look down to see a piece of metal. Oh I swear!!! I look up but she's no longer looking at me. She's standing on the opposite side of the Council and the Elder, waiting for Zuleima. Ugh!!! And she's smiling, not because she got crowned, it's because she hit me with her stupid metal! What should I do to get her back?!

"Now, let's welcome our First, Zuleima Pisces!" Everyone gave off the same energy as they did to Duvessa. I watch the door Duvessa came from and spot Zuleima. She's in a red suit which by the way, she looks good with red. She is also wearing an arm sling. Hm, how funny, so similar to each other. Zuleima went up to the stage, gets congratulate by the councils and the Elder. After that, she got crown and went to stand by Duvessa.

"Ah, a new era to come. We bless our new First and Second to remain true to their duties. We bless them to continue to carry the titles with meaning. Maybe you, Duvessa Archil and Zuleima Pises, succeed in your reign."

To conclude, everyone gives out a final cheer and congratulations. Zuleima and Duvessa hug each other and celebrate with everyone.

Well that was interesting. I hate to wonder if I'll ever be crown but that'll be in my dreams. Yet, I bet it's a wonderful feeling.

I quietly sneak out as everyone is still gushing over the First and Second. I still wonder why Duvessa choose to be the Second instead of the First. Maybe it's not in her mind.

What if I could get one of the title without manipulating elements? Oh stop it. I'm such a joke.