I Care About You

Ellera

Wow.

I smile widely as Phoebe is showing me her fire training. She finally achieve her green flames which is after the blue fire. It's really beautiful. Phoebe swings her fire around like a whip then slowly kills it. I have to clap. She put up an amazing show.

"It's too good to be true," she say as she comes over. I agree by nodding.

"I assume my notes worked," I say.

"It helped a lot," Phoebe respond as she wears her sweatshirt. "I practiced the breathing technique you recommended. It also help me control the fire better."

I hold her hand and immediately drop it. Ugh, I always forget how hot fire users can be. Phoebe laughs and put on her gloves. Ah, that's better. I hold her hand again and laugh.

"Would you like to come with me to the fire club? We are practicing for the Element show in a couple weeks," Phoebe ask once we start walking.

"I would love to but I promise the Librarian that I will help her organize the library. She got new books,"

"Aw, I want you to see what I can do. I promise you'll love it,"

"Maybe another time," I pull her in a for a kiss. Her lips are warm, which I love it.

"Do you usually just help around now? Or what do you do?"

I let out a little chuckle. "Yeah. I just help around the university now. If not, I walk around and hang in places you'll never find me."

"Hm, I'm sure I can find you anytime anywhere,"

"You can't. Unless I want to be found."

"Where would you be in a few hours? In bed?"

"Why? You're going to sneak in? You can't, you know?" Phoebe laughs at me and a few people greet her. She greets them back then give her attention back to me.

"You could let me in,"

"Pfft, we've had plenty of sleepovers. But if you need me to pick you up, I can. We can go have late dinner together and watch a movie after."

"I like the sound of that," Phoebe and I stand by the door of her fire club. "I'll see you later, Ellera."

"Same," Phoebe gives me another kiss before going in. I sigh as I already miss her.

I start walking my way to the library and can still feel Phoebe's warmth on my hand and lips. She is so sweet, but I'm skeptical about why she hasn't ask me out yet. I should maybe be the one asking instead but I'm nervous. And then there's this other person who I'm mates with. Do I really have to be with them or can I not?

I collide with someone and a little bag drop on the floor. I immediately went to grab it and give it to whoever I pump into.

"I'm sorry, here you... Go," my voice fade when I realize it's Duvessa. I haven't seen her a whole day today and she just appear out of nowhere? And ugh, this really sucks. I toss her her bag and she catches it. Let's just go before something happens.

"Hey, don't you want to talk?" She ask behind me. Is she following me? For what?

"No," I answer her.

"Where are you headed?"

"Leave me be,"

"The sky is clear tonight, great for stargazing," I halt and turn around.

"In the dome?" I ask. She show me a little smile and nod. Wow. I haven't been there for a very long time. Ever since Duvessa brought me there, I've been hooked on the astronomical things in the sky at night. "I can't." I wish I could.

"How come?" She ask.

"I have somethings to do."

"I can help," what is she saying?

"No. Maybe another time." I study Duvessa for a few seconds before heading to the library.

"Hello Ellera," the Librarian greet me. She is levitating a bag of books. I point at it and ask if it's the new books. "No, it's for Duvessa. She requested it yesterday, but since you didn't come by to help me, I fulfill the order."

"I saw Duvessa on the way here. I guess she isn't planning on coming here," I inform her.

"Then you should send it to her," the Librarian smiles. I flinch back. "You used to do that."

"Not anymore," I laugh. "Where are the books you need me to put away?"

"Oh, they are on the carts and if Duvessa does come by, her books will be on the table. Other than that, I will be on the upper floors."

"Okay."

About an hour later guess who appears? Duvessa? Did she had an hour dinner?

"Hey, you, useless. Where's the Librarian?" She ask. Since I'm really really high up on a ladder, I look down to her. She has her arms crossed and seems impatient.

"The librarian is busy, she has your stuff by the table over there," I carefully point at the table. She looks at the direction then up at me.

"Aren't you scared of heights?" She ask.

"Only scare of you," I mumble.

"What?"

"No!" I yell. I can hear her laugh below me and honestly, it's ticking me off. I look through the books and take out one. The librarian also wants to remove some old books. It's expired and will be replace. I wonder what they do with the old books.

"Ellera. I can't find it," I sigh and look down. Are you serious? Did you even look?

"It's on the table," I tell her again.

She shakes her head. "It's not there."

"Fine, don't let me find it," I descend down the ladder carefully. My heart drop when I feel my foot slip on a step. It shook the ladder and in a split second, I'm not on the ladder anymore. My heart pounds hard and I let out a scream.

"I got you," Duvessa?! I look around and we are flying? What? I sigh and close my eyes. My heart is pounding fast and I can't believe I fell off the ladder. If it wasn't for Duvessa, I could've died. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

I look at her and notice we land on the floor. She was using the air element.

"What... What just happened. You flew to catch me," I stare into her dark grey eyes.

"Breathe, Ellera. I used metal to bring myself up to catch you,"

"No, you used air. I saw-," I shouldn't say that. "Let me down."

"Have you been eating?" She begins to carry me somewhere. I look around and see nobody near us.

"Let me down," I hit her shoulder but not too hard. I also forgot I'm holding onto her tightly. Duvessa sit me down on a table. That was such a scary experience.

I sigh and prop my hands on the table. It hit something and I look. It's the book bag.

"You-,"

"Duvessa, Ellera, what are you two doing?" The Librarian interrupts me.

"Nothing, we were just talking," I make up an excuse.

"You shouldn't make Ellera climb such height. She fell," I slap Duvessa's arm and she toss me a look.

"Ellera, you did? I'm so sorry," her voice is full of concern and she comes forward.

"No, I'm okay. Duvessa saved me," I give the librarian a smile.

"I- I'll get the books," the Librarian looks guilty and leave to the cart. I watch her push it away then turn to Duvessa.

"That wasn't necessary," I hiss.

"It wasn't safe for you," she retorts.

"Like you care," I push away and get off the table. She grab my hand so I look back.

"I care." What? "I care about you."

I pull my hand away and follow the Librarian.