Chapter 10 - Silence

Warning - The following may include explicate and language and profanity. All characters besides you belong to Viviane Moreno. You belong to you. Story belongs to me besides the story that had been included in the series.

❗Not suited for younger readers❗

______________________________________

Regular P.O.V

______________________________________

He looked at you as though you were some lunatic who just asked him to rip his eyeballs out and give them to you as a sacrifice to a giant triangle god. He just couldn't believe you. You began to shift uncomfortably under his stare. You hated the silence. And you weren't sure what to do as he continued to stare holes into you, not even realizing he was doing so. 

"Um, Husk?," you asked nervously. He seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in as he quickly snapped his gaze away from you. Looking straight ahead you could feel the nervous energy radiating off of him. You weren't sure what to do. 

You didn't pressure him to answer your question, or even acknowledge you were still there. You simply looked ahead, trying to give off as comforting a presence as you could. Out of the corner of your eye you saw him begin to fidget. "'m fine," he mumbled after a long moment of silence.

You glanced at him and that same annoyed look was on his face, though you could tell it was forced. He was looking down, but you smiled anyway. Humming, you spoke. "That's good. I hope you're enjoying your stay here at the hotel, even if it's not for redemption," you said quietly. Employees were allowed to stay at the hotel without trying to redeem themselves.

He glanced at you, wondering what game you were playing at. Why were you being so nice? Why were you so genuine? Why was that genuinity so nice? Unlike Charlie, who's joy and kindness was unfiltered and practically bursting out of her, you remained cautious. You were silent, you observed. 

Where Charlie lacked the social awareness to realize how her loudness and poisoning kindness might make someone uncomfortable, you were aware of the feelings and behaviors of other people, and adjusted yourself accordingly. Maybe it was a way to balance out Charlie's energy. He wouldn't be surprised if you did that, as growing up with her probably made that become second nature.

He was just glad he didn't seem to be on your bad side. He's fully aware that being children of the two most powerful demons in hell gave you an incredibly unfair advantage. Was that why the two of you were so kind? To balance out the pure unfiltered power that was constantly radiating out of the two of you? Even now he could feel the strength you held, and you weren't even fully awake.

He just nodded, before realizing you weren't even looking at him. "Er- yeah," he stuttered out. In all honesty, he didn't believe in the possibility of redemption. He was only doing this cuz that stupid fuckin' deer demon made him. Even if redemption were possible, why were the two of you trying so hard? The two of you were born down here. What was the point of trying to help others redeem themselves if you yourselves couldn't?

The silence began to grow lighter, Husk gradually becoming more comfortable (well, as much as he could) as he realized you probably weren't going to randomly attack him, cutting him off by surprise. You were too good for that anyway. If you wanted to hurt him you probably would've done so by now.

The fact that you could still end him permanently in the blink of an eye still put him on edge. The air was filled with nothing but the sound of the two of you breathing (and the screams of the sinners here in hell), and he began to understand why you were so drowsy. He wasn't going to let himself fall asleep, fuck no. That'd be a death wish. But being in the presence of someone in the royal family gave him some reassurance. 

Though it was still hard to feel completely safe when you were still so unpredictable. Usually he could tell what the others were like, how they acted, how they would react, not soon after meeting them. But that wasn't the case for you. And that made you dangerous.

He began to lose track of time, and before he knew it he heard the door opening, Charlie calling your name for Lunch. He couldn't help but flinch at the suddenness of her voice, especially how loud it was, but you didn't react. You stayed silent for a moment, but then you called out. "Coming!," you yelled back. It seemed forced and he could tell from your voice that you still had very little energy.

Yet you still forced yourself to sit up. He watched as you stood up. You turned to him, giving him a small smile as you zipped up a jacket Charlie had probably given you (It had rainbow hearts and smiley face patches sewed onto it), and waved. "I'll see you at lunch," you said. He didn't even get the chance to give you a nod before you turned away, heading inside with your sister.

______________________________________

A/n - I suck at writing from other characters perspective. I can never seem to get their personalities right :/

Storyline Word Count: 831 words

Published - 2/8/21

______________________________________