Chapter Five

Edited*

It had taken us an hour to get back to the house. An hour of complete and utter silence. It was completely uncomfortable, and I hated it. I was terrified. I shouldn't have to be terrified of my mate, though. My body was practically in overdrive, unfortunately following his order. I should just run, but he's catch me. And to make it worse, my wolf has gone on do not disturb or something.

Though as we walked in, my clammy hands turned into a stomach full of nervous butterflies. I could see Christy looking at me with pity from the living room, and that's when it really hit me. What happened when I was gone? There was a few tears in some furniture and a couple plates and vases broken.

Any wolf in this room could feel my anxiety towards what was coming up. He did not say a word to anyone. He just pulled me up the stairs, and to his room. I hated his room, I'd seen it once before, and yes it was huge and luxurious but it was dark. It reminded me of him.

Once we were in there, he shut the door behind us, before pushing me roughly up against the wall. His claws protruded from his fingertips, digging into my side. It didn't hurt terribly but it was like I was getting pinched.

As I looked into his eyes, I saw absolutely nothing, he was too good at hiding his emotions, that is, if he even had any.

"You are mine, Erika!" He growled, his face close to mine. "Mine and nobody else's! You will never run away from me again!" He booms, and I flinched. There was intimidation evident in my eyes, and I diverted my eyes from him. His grip was tightening and I could feel his claws elongating further into my skin. "Malachai! God damnit I was not ru-" I was cut off when we heard something at the door.

A light knock on the door was heard from where we were. "Kai?" I could hear his younger sisters voice mumble sweetly. "I'm coming in." She states before opening the door, and gasping at the sight of us.

"You're hurting her!" She whimpers, her eyes darting away from us. Obviously she did not like seeing her brother be so violent, I didn't much like seeing him being violent either. It was accidental I hoped, but it made me sick.

His eyes followed down to her, and then back to me, his claws shrinking back into his fingertips. He had a little dried blood on his finger tips, and his eyes looked down to my slight cut up hips. "Shit." He growled at himself and I of course- flinched. I was never like this. What was happening?

"I'm just.. I'm just going to leave you two." His sister mumbled, quickly running out, and shutting the door behind her. My breathing picked up, as my eyes met his, and I was surprised at what I saw looking back. His eyes showed remorse at what he what he did, but just for a second. It was gone as fast as it came.

He didn't really say anything after that, and I was too caught up in my several different emotions that I didn't know what to say either.

"I'm taking a shower." I mumbled, before walking beginning to walk past him, until he grabbed my wrist. A tight grip. "I'm sorry." He says, as if it physically bothered him to say it. I simply scoffed, and tugged my wrist away, hurrying out of his room, and to mine, before anybody saw me shed a single tear.

"It's not your fault.." I whispered as I was out of his hearing range.
-*-

I woke up, in a ball. I didn't remember when I fell asleep, to think about it, I don't remember much of what happened yesterday.

I remember going on a run, I remember Kai, I remember him clawing- no scratching- I can't remember. He did something and it hurt to think about it.

So I stopped thinking about it.

Which was probably a good thing, I'd rather not remember something that my mind forced me to try and forget.

It's been about eight days of me being here, and nothing good has come of it.

That needed to change. I wanted to be with my brothers. I wanted to see my two bestfriends again. I even wanted to see my sister. I missed my parents, my house. I was more home-sick than ever.

Thinking about my old life, brought tears to my eyes. Would I ever see them again? Would I ever be free again? Would I ever be capable of loving a monster?

Those were just a few of the questions I asked myself every day.

Maybe if I did something... If I refused to eat? Talk? No. That's definitely a bad idea. My family wouldn't want that. I wouldn't want that either.

Things aren't going to get better if I don't make them better. I needed things to get better.

I stood up too quickly, my vision going black for a few seconds, before I balanced myself. I quickly walked to my closet, a quick steady pace. I opened the closet doors, and looked through my wardrobe, eventually picking out a pair of white lacy shorts, and a navy coloured top that went nicely with my shorts.

I tied my hair into a nice, messy bun, and finished the outfit with some beige flats. I had a plan. I had to look good from now on. Cute, was appropriate. I had to make my big bad mate jealous.

I had to even up the scores, as so many girls swooned over him anyways.

This was perfect. Maybe, just maybe, this will change my perspective here. If I see that my stupid mate actually has a single bone inside him that insists for him to care about me, something might click into place.

I did not know much about mating, or the mates themselves, but I knew I should not be treated like this and I planned to do my hardest to stop it. From classes, I know that mates were supposed to be equal. Malachai was treating me like his possession.