Chapter Two

Edited*

Today was the day. Yesterday had gone by so fast. I guess time does fly when you're having fun. I straightened out my dress that my dad had picked out for me, making sure it fit well, and looked decent. I had to look professional, although I usually didn't wear anything too far above my knees -dress wise- anyways.

It was a deep purple, that went a little above my knees. It was figure-flattering and it looked good. (Which I had come to a conclusion of.) I had paired it with black flats and put my hair in a tight up-do.

When I was finished I looked much older than I actually was. I looked mature and professional which was actually my goal, for once. So I guess that's a bonus. It was about quarter to ten thirty now so I had assumed I should start going down the stairs.

Once I reached the bottom I saw my mom, dad and my brothers dressed up as well. "Alright, let's head down to the meeting area" My father had said in a serious tone of voice.

It only took us five seemingly quick minutes to get where we needed to be. Unfortunately. I was honestly really nervous. The five minutes felt like seconds and every inch closer we got, the more anxiety was paired along with each step I took. It was terrible. Once I saw the building come up, my palms even got a little sweatier. It was a brick building with several windows and two large white doors. It was smaller than I thought it would be. Of course I'd been here before, but not for very long, and it was a few years back so I had grown since then.

But it still looked professional. In full honestly, I was terrified. I didn't really think I would be able to stay the whole two hours. But I guess I could try. I really hoped I would not embarrass myself, or get my self, you know, killed..

As we came up to the large white doors, I knew that there was no turning back. My dad twisted the knob, and opened it. Thats when the major nerves came along. And let me tell you, it was not a very nice feeling. I saw Alpha Malachai and his beta there. He was so young to be an alpha. Or he looked quite young, anyways. Maybe he was older than I thought. Who knows.

"Alpha Nikoli, Beta John." Alpha Malachai greeted in a harsh and serious voice. It made me shudder. Literally. "Alpha-" My dad swallowed. "Alpha Kai it's a pleasure to meet you. This is my son, Michael, my other son, Jaxon and my daughter Erika." He introduced us.

My brothers were staring at him but I was looking down, until one of them elbowed me. So, I hesitantly looked to meet the Alphas cold and expecting eyes and gasped. They were beautiful, it matched his looks. Intimidating yet flawless.

'Mate mate mate.' My wolf howled in excitement. Why was she so excited? He was a terrible person, one that was ruthless, with no heart- or that's at least what the rumours declared.

Panic flooded into me. He cannot be my mate. He cannot and will not be my mate! Or will he? He better not be. What have I done to the moon goddess to get him?

But it was confirmed when he pulled me into his chest very abruptly. "Mine." He growled lowly. I could feel his chest rumble as he did so. Fear was shining in my eyes as I looked pleadingly at my two brothers and my father. "Let her go." Michael growled, his whole 'protective brother' coming in. I couldn't help but feel a smile on my face. It made me happy to know he cared, but it also frightened me to know that he might get injured, I didn't want my brother hurt because of me.

They were in their protective stances, but I shook my head no. Sure, I was glad they were helping but I would never want them to get injured. Especially because of my mate.

I felt Alpha Kai's muscles tense and he growled a very menacing growl. "Surely, you aren't telling me what to do." He hissed, and I whimpered at how terrifying he sounded.

"I said let- " Michael began, but I shot him a pleading glare and luckily he shut up. Just for a second, I though that all hell was going to break loose. Kai nearly lunged at my brother in anger, but my grip on him tightened. I was weak, very weak, but it was just enough to stop him from killing my brother. Michael was going to be the beta one day, but nobody was stronger than Malachai Manson.

"Please try to keep your wolf at bay around my family, especially when I just met you. Wouldn't you want to make a good impression?" I asked, my voice coming out lighter than intended. My voice wavered, I was afraid for my brother, but I couldn't really be that defiant.

And that's when his head snapped to me. He let out a ferocious growl, grabbing me forcefully and zooming me out of the building, using his excruciatingly fast alpha skills. Only minutes past, but I was already too far to even try and smell my family- or my pack for that matter.

He pushed me hard against a tree, his eyes a dark and menacing brown. "I do not want you to ever disrespect me like that again, especially in front of my Beta, and your pack!" He hissed, and my heart dropped. He seemed so mean.. So angry. It hurt me, and my wolf, but of course I didn't show it. I ripped out of his harsh grasp with a glare. "I'm leaving! You nor your wolf deserve me!" I say, a frown on my face, and a lot of attitude in my voice. I usually would have been thinking, but at this point my wolf was too hurt to even try and be polite.

"You're not going anywhere, Erika." He hissed, gripping onto my arm. And before I knew it, I realized that I was on their pack grounds. "Cole! Take her to any room. Lock her in there. No huge windows." He ordered and my eyebrows shot up. That's cruel. "You're locking me away?" I asked softly, but like I would have assumed, I was ignored. My arm was grabbed and Cole, whom I was guessing was the Beta, dragged me into the house, and into a room. It had a small wooden bed frame, with a nice looking mattress as well as a few blankets and a pillow. It had a dresser and a rug on the floor, and two small windows. Nothing any person could fit through. At least it wasn't a prison but it ached to know he locked me away.

It had a small bookshelf with under fifteen books and that was it. He sent me a guilty look before closing the door, and I heard the distinct click of the lock. My eyes watered, and I bit down on my plump bottom lip to try and keep my emotions in. It was hard though, I was still practically a kid! Mates are supposed to love each other as they are considered the partners other half.

He and nearly killed my brother, threatened me, abducted me and then sent me into a cold room.

I was petrified. I lost my old life and my mate hated me. What had I done to deserve this? My wolf was practically howling in despair.

The feeling of extreme sadness came over me, the one where you're so sad that you can't even cry. I honestly just sat there for hours, before finally falling asleep.

•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*

I woke up a few hours later hungry. And although the wolves could last weeks without food, that didn't make me any less hungry. I was always hungry. And to my surprise, a women came in with a sandwich and an apple, along with two bottles of water. "I'll be back around dinner." She spoke softly, before shutting and locking the door. How long would I be in here for?

I felt miserable. Thank goodness food made me feel better. I took a few bites of the sandwich, losing my hunger shortly after. I don't eat very much anyways, and I'll save it for the rest of the day till supper. Although, it's ironic because I love food.

I had decided to maybe read a book, but that only lasted me a while of entertainment, but then I realized, my phone, I still had my phone! Feeling my pockets, a wail left my lips. I didn't even have pockets! I was wearing a dress therefore I didn't even have my phone with me.

This was honestly going to be the longest day of my life.