Chapter One

Edited*

Erika's Point of View

I was sitting in my room with a book in my hands. Currently, I was reading Looking for Alaska by John Green, for the second time. It was honestly one of my favourite books because the plot is simply so interesting. Although, I had been reading for quite a while so I decided that it was time for some lunch.

I set my book down and fixed my hair a bit as it was in a messy ponytail that I had slept in. With that being done, I then found myself wandering down the stairs a hand on the rail so that I would not fall, knowing my clumsy self. As I reached the bottom, I was greeted by my younger sister Rebecca.

"Hey, nerd." She joked, a small smirk lining her thin pink lips.

I simply sighed and ruffled her hair before walking into my initial destination, the kitchen. "Hey Princess." My dad said placing a kiss upon my forehead. "Hey, Dad." My soft voice had replied, as I hugged him. He was currently making some pancakes and for that, I was grateful.

I turned around to see both my brothers, and their mates, sitting at the table. The younger of my two brothers, but still older than me, Jaxon, was sitting on the island with his gorgeous mate Alice.

My eldest brother Michael, his mate Angela and their sleeping daughter, Lissa, were too involved in their conversation that they hadn't noticed me yet. Quietly, as usual, I sat down at the table where there had already been a plate of pancakes set for me. This gesture had caused both of their heads to turn to me, and that had started some small talk between us, that is until my dad had broke it.

"So, Michael, there will be a pack conference soon because we are meeting another pack." His face then paled in the slightest, and it was barely even noticeable but considering I'm extremely good at spotting a change in features, I had. "The Black Dusk pack." He continues. "Apparently there have been a few murders in his pack, so the Alpha of their pack would like to assure its nobody from our pack."

A small gasp escaped my lips. The Black Dusk pack?

There has been countless stories about this pack. Some of which are indeed true.

They are said to torture pack members and rogues, although I don't believe the pack member part. They are also said to eat people, which is another thing I don't believe. I do remember a story my mother used to tell me though, about their Alpha. Apparently the Alpha, Malachai Manson was stronger than any other Alpha. His wolf was bigger than any average alpha too. They also had the biggest pack at over at least six hundred. They were well trained warriors and I heard that if you look at them in even the slightest of the wrong way, they will kill you.

"Michael you are going with me. It is also requested that Jaxon and Erika come as well, and I wouldn't want to anger that man." He states. My face pales, as do my brothers, and I guess we do have a reason.. We share a glance, before nodding. I don't think I would want to anger that man either, plus it might raise some suspicion. I knew that nobody from my family caused anybody harm that didn't deserve it, so putting my best foot forwards, I went through with the request.

"The meeting is scheduled tomorrow at 10:30AM. So be ready. Now, enough of this, pancakes anyone?" He asks, although there was still a nervous glint in his eyes.

We all replied with an 'I do' except for me because I already had some but he had served the others a few each. I ate silently and quickly, finishing shortly after. "Dad, is it okay if I take a shower and then go to the mall with Mary and Tyler?" I asked, hoping that he would agree.

He simply nods as now he is too indulged in some paper work. I murmur a thanks, before hopping up the stairs and into my room once again. I walked into my closet, to grab the first pair of black leggings I saw. I then looked to my shirts, and found a cute white blouse. I grabbed some underwear and a bra, and then headed for the shower.

As soon as I stepped into the shower my muscles relaxed. The steam felt calming against my soft skin, which had nearly calmed me down completely. I stood there for minutes just thinking about tomorrow. I was scared, but who wouldn't be? I breathed out a sigh and picked up my Vanilla scented shampoo and began scrubbing at my long chocolate brown hair.

Soon enough I had finished all I needed to, and turned the shower off. Stepping out, I shuddered as it felt like a blanket of cold enveloped me.

I quickly wrapped a towel around my small frame in order to dry myself off.

Seconds after that, I slid my undergarments on with ease before combing through my wet hair. Once it was less tangled, I tied it up in a bun.

I pulled my leggings on my long legs, making sure they fit correctly. I then put on my blouse, fixing the collar of it. I put minimal makeup on- mascara, a little eyeliner and some chapstick.

"...And... done." I say, rubbing the strawberry chapstick onto my lips. I then grabbed a little side bag sliding my wallet, phone and chapstick into it before zipping it up. You can never have too much chapstick.

I pulled on some brown combat boots, and walked downstairs. "Hello sweetheart. Don't you look beautiful." My mom said to me with a smile.

"Mom, you also look lovely as always." I say, a smile on my face. I got my looks from my mom. Slightly tan skin, chocolate brown locks, and a small nose. My lips were a gentle pink and well-shaped. As were hers.

I was blessed with average sized breasts, not too big but not too small as well as a decent height, 5'4". I was naturally fit as well, although most wolves were unless you were extremely unhealthy. I got my brown eyes and my few freckles from my dad.

"Dad said it was okay if I went to the mall with Mary and Tye. Is that okay with you, mum?" I asked and she nodded. "Have fun darling. Be home before 7:30 though." She said and I nodded, as that was a very decent time seeing as it was only about 1:30.

"Of course Mum." I said.

Moments later, my phone then buzzed from my bag. 'We're here, cutie.' Tyler had texted.

I smiled and walked to the door, before opening it. "Goodbye! I'll be home a bit later." I called before silently closing the door behind me.

I walked down the pathway to my driveway to see Tyler's car. I waved with a smile, opening the back door. "Hey guys! Are you ready to go to the mall?" I asked and they both nodded. I was surprised though because usually Tye hated the mall.

After a few minutes of an internal battle, I decided to tell them about my 'great' day tomorrow. "I have to tell you guys something." I said, my tone turning serious.

Mary's worried blue eyes found mine. "What's the matter Erika?" She asked. Although Tye had his eyes focused on the road, they snapped to me for just a second indicating he was listening.

My cheeks heated up. "I have to go to a pack meeting tomorrow... We are meeting a different pack. The Black Dusk Pack." I said softly, worry crossing over my features.

Mary's mouth dropped and Tyler's eyebrows raised. "That's terrible! Do you have to go?" Mary asked. I nodded sadly. "Dad said not to anger him." I mutter a frown grazing my features.

Mary's voice then popped up.

"Well that's tomorrow! Not today. So let's get our shop on.. and Tyler's eat on." She chuckled, as did both Tyler and I.

"We will don't worry. I'll worry about this later on." I chuckled.

The rest of the drive was basically me and Mary bolting out the lyrics to many songs and Tyler looking like he wanted to die, but I don't blame him. We were terrible.

The mall was only a fifteen minute drive from my house, so it didn't take very long to get there.

Once we arrived at the huge mall, it took Tyler a little while to find some parking. Eventually he did though and we got out.

"Ready?" Tyler asked us.

"Ready." We replied and we started venturing into the crowded mall.

But I still couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was going to happen tomorrow. And that it did.