Chapter Eight

Three days later, I was easily healed, as I thought I would be. Three days ago, when I went into the pack doctors office, she had just told me that the bruising would heal within a day or two, and the claw marks as well as the broken- yes broken- nose would take 2-3 days. Thank you were wolf healing. Other than that, it's been pretty mellow. I've stayed in my room as I hated to be anywhere the Alpha may see me.

I was avoiding him if you couldn't tell.

Now that I was almost completely healed, I'd decided to go explore the hotel of a house. There were so many rooms I hadn't been in, and I intended to at least see another half of the hotel-house that I haven't seen.

Changing into a pair or lazy clothes, I got up from my oh-so comfortable bed, and left my messy room to go look around the hallways. Turning down halls, and down a set of stairs, looking in rooms and corners, pressing on some of the books in the endless amounts of bookshelves (just to see if there was a secret passage), I finally reached a door that looked to be of interest. This hard wood door was unlike the others, it having an unlocked keypad lock. Strange. Opening the creaky door, I cringed at the loud sound it made and I looked around behind me. Nobody heard. The dimly lit passage was a long, long set of stone stairs that let me to another set of doors, this being a double-doored entrance. What was this place? I quietly opened the rusted doors, and was met with a fowl, metallic smell that made me cringe.

I was honestly quite surprised when I first stepped in to notice that the Alpha hadn't made guards stand by- because knowing Malachai, he much liked heavy security.

Pondering at what this place is, I finally came to a conclusion. This had to be the dungeon.

A new- dingy, possibly scarring place for me to explore!

I had to walk down a long, moist set of stone stairs that I could have easily fallen down to get here, so I wasn't just going to go all the way back up again. Bracing myself for what I might see, I made my way down the dim walkway. This place was far underground, considering it was made from what seemed to be cracked cobblestone. Okay maybe that was a slight exaggeration. More stone, at the least.

(A/N Hey fair warning, if you are sensitive to blood, skip this. If you need a little description on what happened, message me!)

Once I began to reach the rusty, silver-laced bars, I saw many ill- or dead- or beaten rogues and other wolves. From which pack I haden't known. At my old pack, we only kept rogues in, but some of these wolves seemed like regular beaten down pack members of other packs.

"Hey, sexy." I hear one of the more healthy rogues snarl. He smelled disgusting as well as looked disgusting. He has rough, messy hair, and an eyepatch. A typical look for rogues as the usually lost at least one eye in their vicious fights with other rogues or other wolves.

I ignored him, barely, and kept walking till I was met with a small girl. Younger than me, and she looked very unhealthy. Slightly beaten, and starved. "Oh my gosh!" I mumble to myself as I looked towards the unconscious little girl in front of me. I'd make a complaint to Malachai to get her out as soon as possible. He must listen, right? She must have only been... fifteen?

She looked close to death.

I forced myself to keep walking, turning a corner. And thats when I could hear the pained cries of a man. What was happening to him? Who was hurting him so badly? I quickly hurried to the chamber in which the sounds were coming from, paling drastically at the sight. He was bloody, and beaten, and he looked lifeless. There were gashes from what was maybe a whip- or claws. Bruises, and old wounds were all over the poor males body.