Chapter Six

Edited*

The past two days, I had been doing myself up, in an attempt to make Malachai jealous. It's been hard, waking up upset, and then trying to get the attention that you rightfully deserved. I've gotten other males attention, which was flattering but I didn't want that.

Today, I had picked out a pair of denim jeans, the style being tight and dark wash, as well as a maroon striped shirt that was almost considered cropped, but two inches too long. If I raised my arms, it would show about an inch of my stomach, but why would I raise my arms anyways?

Putting my hair in two French braids- which honestly took less time in my opinion than a single French braid, I applied minimal makeup before heading out of my room. Through-out the while I've been here, I've mostly figured out where everything is, although some twists and turns in this ungodly castle of a house still confused me.

Heading towards the kitchen, I could already smell Kai's scent. It was a very manly scent, some mix between pine and another scent that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

In only another minute, I had stepped foot into the bright, luxurious kitchen where I almost immediately got a cold look from my mate. Along with his cold look, for some reason Matthew was giving me a dirty look as well.

Cole and Christy were sitting at the breakfast bar, obviously too indulged in their conversation to greet me. Why wouldn't my relationship be like there's? Looking at them in slight envy, as they were laughing, and the way Cole was looking at her- ugh!

Finally coming to there senses of my present, Christy turned to look at me.

"Oh! Erika, you look lovely today." Christy said in a sweet tone. She's always so kind to me. She's kind to everyone, unlike Kai. "Thank you, Christy." I smile, a polite look crossing over my features. Cole simply smiled, and did the casual head nod boys do. Typical.

Other than the continuous burning holes I can practically feel in the back of my head, Kai hadn't spoken a word to me, which was also so typical. Taking an apple out of the large bowl on the island, I took a bite out of it- letting out a cringe-worthy crunch. Thoughts were processing through my head as I was taking slow bites of my apple, and one specific one went through.

It honestly seemed like he hated me- completely. Just complete and utter hatred. Don't take me for some wimpy girl, but as a mate- on the receiving end, it hurt a lot.

"...Erika? Erika, Erika!" Christy said, snapping me out of my intense thoughts. Looking around, I hadn't realized that he had left until I was finished my apple. "Was I really that zoned out?" I asked, slight astonishment in my voice.

Christy only snickered and nodded, and I groaned. "I was too busy thinking about my gem of a mate." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes afterwards.

Sympathy then crossed her features. "Awe Erika." She cooed, and I furrowed my brows. I hated when people pitied me. It made me feel even worse than I previously was. "It's fine, I just need to figure something out. He's such a dick all the time, like does he constantly have a stick up his ass or something? Who took a shit in his cereal this morning? Or every morning for that matter! It just makes me so god damn angry that he treats me like shit but expects to be treated like royalty in return." I heaved out, letting my once peaceful demeanour slip into something so much more- angry.

The sympathy in her eyes never left, as she listened to my rant. Looking into her eyes, it was obvious that she was trying to come up with something to say, something to make her Luna feel better but she came out empty-handed in the end. Then, something clicked, and it was obviously by the little jump in her body.

Before she could say it though, a new figure stepped into the room. A tall, handsome, arrogant one that I both hated, but didn't want to hate.

"If you'd really like to know, Erika." He seethed, his bright eyes turned dark. "Nobody took a shit in my cereal, and I can guarantee that there is nothing in my ass." He growled out- and unfortunately these were some of the first words he's said to me in a while. Bad ones, of course.

"You heard t-" I began, but he cut me off.

"My office, now, Erika!" He demanded, his dark eyes following my every movement. Now usually, I wouldn't give in like this, but I could practically feel his anger in the room. Sparing both Christy and Cole a glance, I began walking in the direction my Mate stormed off in.

Nervously playing with the tips of my hair- a trait I had gotten from my mother- I followed him into the large doors that led into his brightly lit office.

Stepping inside, I closed the door behind me, and stood against it. No way in hell was I moving any closer to him when he was angry. He didn't say a word to me though, he just analyzed me with his piercing eyes. Looking at my every movement as if I was his enemy.

"Stop looking at me like that!" I demanded, my soft voice coming out an octave deeper.

"Like what!" He snarled back, his eyes switching from those and his wolfs.

"Like some type of fucking enemy! I'm sick of it! Mates are supposed to love and care for eachother and you, Malachai, are not loving or caring for me at all! Actually, you're doing he complete opposite! You are acting like my father but worse! You are acting like my kidnapper, which I guess you are! Do you know how many fucking times I've cried myself to sleep? No. Because you don't care enough to do shit! Your problem is that you don't care. Not even for your own mate." I growl. Where did this courage come from?

Our eyes didn't break eye contact, not even once. I saw the fire behind his eyes, and I could see that he was just barely keeping his wolf at bay.

"Erika.." He began, a warning time laced deep inside the vocals. Even with the warning, I still cut him off. Something you should never do with an Alpha, an angry Alpha would be so much worse.

"If you even cut me off again." He threatens, and my eyes burn into his. "What? Will you hurt me? Kill me?" I taunt. I was on thin ice here but I couldn't stop. I was just so mad, but I wasn't really mad. I was mad, and sad and so many other emotional a that were just taking over right now.

His eyes were seemingly still getting darker, and that's when I realized that his wolf has completely taken over.

"You're running my patience thin." He states as calm as he possibly could- which frightened me the most. Nothing is worse than a deadly male, seemingly calm. "You're so ungrateful! Maybe, yes! I haven't talked to you very much, and maybe I don't like you." I could tell what was coming out was from the anger he was feeling, but it didn't make it hurt any less. "But I haven't let you starve! And you have a good bed to sleep in, and you are in a house- not sleeping out side like the dog you are! I haven't done anything wrong! You're just an ungrateful little pup." He snarled, his eyes darker than I had ever witnessed, and that's when I realized that the people's rumours were true. He was a monster. My eyes were wet, unshed tears making it extremely hard to see through.

Was he right? Was I being ungrateful? Shaking my head, a single tear slipped down my rosy cheeks. Covering my face almost immediately, I hiccuped out a few words. "Ma- May.. May I go now, Alpha?" My voice came out raw, and I stuttered a few times, but the lump that was taking over my throat was making it too hard to speak properly. I didn't dare look at his face, but a few words came out slower than I thought they would have.

"Yes, you may go now." He said, and his voice didn't sound so angry anymore, and there was a small- almost unnoticeable waver in his tone, as if there was a tinge of guilt but it was gone as soon as it came.

Turning around on the balls of my feet, I left his office as soon as I could.