Chapter Ten

Two days had passed since that weird, crazy vision. I had never had anything like that happen to me before, and I had so many question swirling inside my mind but I had not yet checked in with our Alpha to ask him. Honestly I didn't want to at all.

Just the mere thought of him made me shudder, but I had been avoiding him for two days and I suppose it may have been time to finally ask all the questions I had been dying to ask. Putting away my pride, I headed in the direction in which was his office, the small, packed room he sat in twenty-three out of twenty four hours a day. I swear, if I ever see him out of the office besides reasons such as eating, sleeping and using the bathroom, I will sit in an ice bath.

That's right, an ice bath.

It was just so strange. I would hate to be packed inside of a small, cramped room for hours doing work I probably didn't even care about. What a bore, honestly. I might die from exhaustion or boredom if I had to do something like that. I wouldn't last. I wouldn't even have a chance. Thank god I was not an Alpha.

Heading out of my room, I started roaming my halls in the direction I had managed to memorize in my brain. How many different times had I gone here and was there ever a good outcome? Ninety-nine point nine percent of the time there wasn't.

It only took me a minute to get there and I raised my hand to knock- before I heard something I would have much rather have never heard.

Giggling, whispers, and then silence, and the giggling was not a familiar giggle. Not Christy, not Agatha, and those were the only two women I knew from this place.

I couldn't tune my ears in enough to here what was going on, and I hated to come to assumptions but the scent was warm, and and sweet like honey and that was not Malachai's scent. A woman was in there with him, making him laugh, and whisper..

Silence succumbed it again, and then I heard a small seductive moan- hold up. A moan? Assumptions now didn't need to be made. I had all the proof I needed, practically.

My eyes almost watered, and I let out a small whimper, hoping that I was wrong. But I was too cowardly to check. I was never cowardly before. Why was this act bringing me to my knees so easily? He was cheating on me, I couldn't do anything about it and I was blinded by anger. I never ever would have thought that he was capable of doing such a horrid thing.

Thinking these thoughts, my heart shattered. He was kissing somebody else, and he hadn't even kissed me before. I mean, I haven't really figured out if he kissed her, but I assumed and I hated assuming but I couldn't help myself.

That wasn't me. It wasn't me and it would probably never be me. Not anymore, that is.

I shattered. I completely shattered. With that being said, I simply hurried back up to my room. I received strange looks from many of the pack members that lines the rooms, but many of them looked at me sympathetically. They must have heard too. How embarrassing, the Alpha possibly cheating on his Luna. Pathetic. As soon as I got up there, I closed the door, and nearly crumbled down to the floor, my knees wanting to give out from underneath me. How could he do this? Why would he do this? I knew I was not good enough! Maybe I would never be good enough. I mean he was Malachai Manson, and I was just- well I was just me.

I knew he hated me, but how could he hate me that much? Was I that terrible of a mate? I needed to leave. I needed to leave, and fast. I never would have left my mate no matter how terrible but this was crossing the line.

Considering that I was practically his little toy to play with and crush, I doubt he would even come to his senses that I had left until I was too far gone. Or at least that's what I had hoped.