Chapter 1

Marinette was exhausted. She had been up all night as ladybug, deakumatizing villains. She looked at the time. I'm late again! She rushed to class. As she walked in she noticed the seating arrangements had changed. Lila was sitting next to.. ADRIEN!?

"Mrs Bustier, where am I supposed to sit?"

"I'm sorry marinette but you will have to sit in the back as you came in late to class"

Marinette looked up at the empty seat. She wanted to say something, but could barely keep focus. She slowly walked up to the back when she tripped over a foot and fell. She looked back to see lila sticking her leg out. She felt miserable. Everyone started laughing. Everyone but alya and adrien. Alya helped her up and marinette walked to her seat. She sat down and glared at lila who was smirking. She started to daydream. Adrien glared at lila, and rose his hand.

"Mrs Bustier, may i sit in the back too?"

She nodded and adrien headed to the back. Marinette didn't even notice what happened, as she was half asleep. She looked up to see adrien. Her face turned red and she panicked on the inside.

"A-adrien! what are you doing back here?!"
"I came here to sit with you and well.. check up on you"
"Oh i'm okay!"
Adrien was still concerned
Marinette was blushing. "I'm falling in love- I MEAN falling asleep- I MEAN i'm fine!"
Adrien chuckled and sat down. He smiled at mari and looked back up to the teacher. Marinette kept staring at him, then drifted back into sleep. She woke up to adrien talking to her.

"Marinette.. marinette? Oh your awake. Class is over"
She immediately sat up. "Oh thanks!" she said smiling. As the room emptied, marinette was collecting her belongings. She heard someone walking towards her and looked up to see lila.

"Hi Marinette"
"What do you want lila"
Adrien was secretly watching them from the door.
Lila leaned in and whispered,
"You may think you have adrien, but he's mine. You can see for yourself"
She handed marinette a note. Mari opened it and it read,
I love you lila, marinette is just a nobody to me  -adrien
Marinette couldn't believe it. Tears welled in her eyes and she ran out of the room, into the girls restroom.
Adrien ran after her and knocked on the door.

"Marinette? It's me, adrien! are you okay?!"
Marinette was crying.
"What do you want adrien?! You obviously don't care about me!"
"What? That's not true!"
"Go away adrien! your note was already enough!"

Adrien was confused. What note? The note lila gave marinette! Adrien ran back to the classroom but no sign of lila. Then he heard someone behind him.

"Hi adrien"
Lila..
"Lila what did you write in that note?!"
"What? Did marinette do something to you because i have no idea what your talking about."
"Lila I know your lying"
Lila was surprised that he caught her lying. She had to cover it up.
"Ohh sorry i have a rare disease that makes me lose my memory sometimes. now i remember. I asked her to design me something because she loves fashion, but then she suddenly started crying and ran off!"
Adrien was annoyed
"Lila your good at lying but it's better for you to just tell the truth"
"But that is the truth adrien!" she said with a pouty face.
Adrien ran off to find marinette.

When marinette got to her house, she ran straight to her room and didn't even say hi to her parents. She slouched on her bed, sobbing. Her parents knocked on her door.
"Marinette are you alright?"
"I'm fine! just please go away!"
She waited for the footsteps to go away and opened the note again. She read it over and over. Why would he do this? Does he seriously love Lila?! He's never going to love me. I'm not good enough for him.

Tikki wizzed up. "What's wrong marinette?"
Marinette didn't answer
Tikki read the note. "Marinette adrien would never say something like that!"
"How do you know tikki?! Lila could easily manipulate adrien in any way she wants.."
"Your overthinking marinette, adrien always defends you against lila"
Marinette went back to crying into her pillow

Adrien walked into the bakery. "Did marinette come home yet?!"
Marinettes parents looked at up then back at adrien. They could faintly hear her sobbing.
"She doesn't want anyone around her right now. We don't know what's wrong with her"
How was he supposed to talk to her?
Then he had an idea

Marinette crumbled up the note and threw it across her room.
"Tikki what am i gonna do?!"
Suddenly, she heard a thump on her balcony.
What was that?

"Marinette... Marinette? are you here?"