Chapter 3

It was morning. Marinette woke up to her alarm. For once i won't be late..
She ate breakfast, brushed her teeth, changed, and packed her lunch.
"Tikki how am i supposed to talk to adrien without stumbling over my words?"
Tikki looked confused
"Marinette i thought you were mad at him?"
"Well after what cat noir said last night, i don't know"
"You can do it marinette"
"Thanks tikki"
She headed to school. When she arrived, there was no sign of adrien. She looked everywhere. He should be here by now. She was putting her things in her locker as everyone was leaving. when she closed her locker, she heard someone come in. Adrien!? She turned around to see... lila.
"Hey marinette, how are you feeling today? Doesn't matter because adrien is mine."
"Lila you may think you have him but i know that adrien would never write what was in that note."
"You really think he wouldn't? Well think again because I am the best liar there is and nobody can tell my lies from the truth."
"I can" marinette muttered
"What was that marinette?"
"Just you wait lila, everyone will know one day how much of a liar you are!"
"You sure about that" lila said with a smirk
"you'll see lila, you'll see" marinette smiled at her and walked out.

"Marinette just in time!" Mrs. Bustier said. Marinette walked to her seat in the back, not knowing whether she wanted to see adrien or not. As she looked up to see if he was there, the seat was empty. Where is he? Marinette was wondering where he was. When class ended marinette rushed to  nino and alya.
"Hey guys where's adrien today?"
"I'm pretty sure he's grounded" nino said shrugging
Why would he be grounded?
"He said he didn't go home after school and his dad thought he had been kidnapped until he showed up later at night"
What?! Where could he have been?
"Oh..do you know how long he will be grounded?" Marinette said with a little hope.
"He said about a week."
"A WEEK?!" marinette shouted.
"Do you think you can live with that girl?" alya laughed.
"Yea i just...need to know something.." marinette muttered.
"Alya i need tell you something that lila did to me after school"
"Sure thing mari, i'll meet you at your place"
After school mari headed home. I wish adrien were there today so i could uncover the truth...
Marinette laid in her bed, wondering where adrien could of been all day besides home.
"What's wrong marinette?" tikki asked
"Oh tikki everything's wrong! Lila is being lila, adrien is grounded and i don't know the truth!"
"Isn't alya supposed to be here?"
A text chimed on marinettes phone. It was alya.
"Hey girl i'm so sorry, i forgot i have to babysit my little sisters today! We can totes talk tomorrow!"
"Oh great tikki and no more telling alya what lila did!"
"It's alright marinette you can still talk to her tomorrow."
Marinette laid in her bed staring at all of the pictures of adrien. Cat noirs right! Adrien would never love a liar like lila!
"Tikki should I text adrien?"
"What will you say to him?"
"I don't even know tikki"
Marinette got onto her balcony and watched the people of paris go about their day.
"Hello"
Marinette turned around shocked to see cat noir perched on the rooftop.
"Cat noir!"
He jumped down and stood up.
"Talk to adrien today?"
"No... he's grounded!"
"Yea i heard his dad is pretty strict.."
"Apparently he was missing all day but came home at night. Any chance you saw him when you headed home last night?"
"I—uhh no."
"Oh"
"What's the matter?"
"I wonder where he was, what if he had been captured by a villain and no one knew!"
Chat stared at her
"What?"
"Nothing...i would of fought the villain with ladybug"
"What if ladybug didn't show up"
"She would"
"How do you know?"
"I trust her" chat said looking up at the sky and blushing.
Marinette smiled.
"I bet ladybug trusts you too."
"I hope so"
Suddenly there was a explosion a few blocks down from marinettes house.
"Looks like there's an akumatization, marinette go and your room and stay safe." chat guided her to her window and she climbed in her room. As chat was running away marinette called out to him,
"Don't get hurt!"
She heard him call back, "I won't! If i did it would be a cat-tastrophe" and giggled.
"Alright let's take action, Tikki Spots On!"
Cat noir went to see what villain he was fighting.
"If i am not allowed to go to space, i'll bring space to me!" the villain shouted as more asteroids were coming down.
"Hey kitty" ladybug said landing next to chat.
"Just in time bugaboo"
Ladybug rolled her eyes and leapt towards the villain. After awhile, ladybug used her lucky charm and got a boomerang.
"Are you trying to bring us closer together m'lady because i can do it just purrfectly."
"Kitty...duck"
She threw the boomerang and it wizzed over cat noirs head as he ducked just in time. It knocked the toy rocket out of the villains hand and cat noir cataclysmed it. Just like that, ladybug deakumatized the butterfly and looked at chat.
"Pound it"
"M'lady we are a purrfect match ya know."
"Kitty once again, my heart belongs to someone else"
"I know but i can't help but think you have feeling for me somewhere"
Ladybug smirked
"Oh yeah? Bug out!"
She leapt away and used her yo-yo to swing across paris to her house.
"Spots off"
She gave tikki her macaroon.
"Tikki do you think chat will come back?"
"He could"
"Who are you talking to marinette?"
"OH—CHAT HI I... I UM WAS TALKING TO MYSELF YA KNOW?" Marinette said nervously.
"It's ok, no need to be embarrassed" he chuckled.
Marinette yawned.
"Seems to me like someone is tired once again."
"I've just been thinking about adrien and what he will say to me..."
Chats eyes widened
"Don't worry little lady, as i said, he would never write something like that."
"Ok well goodnight chat" marinette said climbing in her window.
"Sleep tight marinette! Jump into a spin!" chat said as he jumped and spun off the rooftop.
Marinette giggled.
When chat got home he detransformed.
"Claws in"
He handed plagg a piece of camembert.
"No thanks, i've been letting this baby sit for a month and now she's ready!" Plagg said sinking his teeth into the smelly cheese.
"Your seriously gross plagg" adrien laughed.
He heard a knock on his door and plagg hid.
"Come in!"
Natalie and his father walked in.
"Adrien...