Chapter 4

"Adrien we will allow you to go back to school if you tell us why you were gone. If not, i will not hesitate to withdraw you from school permanently." Gabriel said firmly.
Adrien was panicking. What was he going to say? He was out being cat noir when he was "missing"
"I-i was having fun with my friends. I tried to call you but it never went through! I'm really sorry father."
Adrien was trembling
"What exactly were you doing with your friends?"
Why is he asking such specific questions? Is he suspicious of me being cat noir? That can't be! nobody saw me with marinette!
"I was with marinette!" he blurted out.
"We were catching up on some school work and she told me about how i should try her new macaroons! So i went to her house and we tried her macaroons. She brought out more pastries and that's why i didn't come home for dinner. I told her i had to go but she insisted on me trying more pastries! I'm really sorry father!"
Gabriel narrowed his eyes.
"Very well, you will return to school tomorrow"
"Oh thank you father! thank you natalie!"
Both nodded and walked out.
I lied but not really..i was at marinettes, just not as adrien.
The next morning adrien rushed out of bed. I have to tell marinette that i didn't write that note! I don't want to loose our friendship! His bodyguard drove him to school. He got out and started looking for marinette, but couldn't find her. He assumed she wasn't there until he walked into the locker room and there she was, putting her things up. Marinette glanced at him and froze.
"Marinette can we talk?"
Marinette sighed, "No- I MEAN yes!"
"Look i never wrote whatever was on that note lila gave you. I would never want to loose our friendship! Your one of my very first friends and i wouldn't want to have you not like me."
"Like you?"
"Yea"
"Well of course i like you but ONLY AS A FRIEND nothing more. Soo lila lived up to her lie?"
"Yea, i can't believe she would frame me for something like that!"
"It's ok i knew the real adrien agreste wouldn't do such a thing..."
Adrien was think back to how he as cat noir told mari that.
"Yea i would never."
They walked to class together and sat in the back. Marinette wouldn't take hey eyes off adrien.
"Adrien..." she said while day dreaming.
"What was that marinette?"
"OH NOTHING I- NOTHING!" marinette said smiling nervously. Adrien laughed and went back to listening to the teacher. Alya was mouthing "Ask him out!" from across the room. Marinette looked at adrien then back at alya. She mouthed back "I'll try after class!"
As class ended marinette was freaking out.
What do i do?! Where do i ask him to? I'm gonna make a fool of myself! NO! I can do this!
"WAIT ADRIEN!"
"What is it marinette?"
"D-do you want to come get ice cream with me after school?"
"Hm i have Chinese and fencing today but i could maybe come after fencing."
"Your wonderful- I MEAN THATS WONDERFUL"
"Ok marinette see you later!"
Marinette sighed and alya walked over.
"You did it girl! Maybe you can go get andres!"
"Alya are you still coming over today?"
"Yep let's go!"
They walked back to marinettes house.
"So what did lila do?"
Marinette told her the whole story.
"What? Why would lila frame adrien?"
"I don't know but she did, you seriously wouldn't believe that adrien wrote that right?!?"
"Yea i guess your right, when's your dateeee?" Alya said teasing marinette.
Marinette checked the time.
"10 MINUTES!"
They both ran out of the house.
"I'll go grab nino incase something happens!"
alya said running the other direction. Marinette got there out of breath but no sign of adrien. Where is he? She got a text from him on her phone.
"Hey is it okay if i bring Kagami?"
No not kagami!
She texted back "suree the more the merrier!"
Then she frantically texted alya "HELP HE'S BRINGING KAGAMI!"
Marinette saw adriens car a couple blocks down headed her direction. She looked down at tikki.
"Tikki what am i gonna do!"
"Marinette it's ok maybe alya has a plan!"
"But if she comes with nino, i'll have no one to share my ice cream with!"
"Don't worry marinette!"
Adriens car pulled up and him and kagami got out.
"Hey marinette!"
"H-hi"
"Marinette!!" Someone yelled behind her.
She turned to see alya, nino and....OF COURSE!"