Chapter 21

"Nathalie!" Chat spat
Ladybug rammed into her, knocking her over
"I'll take on hawkmoth!" Chat said sprinting towards him.
Ladybug turned back around. Mayura stood up and tried to make and ammuk but she stopped her, swinging her yo-yo at her. The yo-yo wrapped around her wrist and ladybug pulled on it. Mayura fell to the ground again.
Chat sprinted towards hawkmoth, grabbing his stick. He extended it but hawkmoth was quicker than him. He jumped to the side and cat noirs stick hit the glass enclosure. Chat stood for a second, staring at it. A voice boomed behind him.
"Be careful...adrien"
Cat noir whipped around and gazed up at his father. Tears welled in his eyes.
"Why...? Why is she down here!"
Hawkmoths eyes narrowed. He stretched out his cane and a akuma flew out towards chat.
Ladybug whipped around and watched in horror as the akuma flew towards him.
"No!" She yelped
He quickly jumped out of the way but the akuma stayed flapping its wings in the air.
"Adrien, give me your miraculous and this will all be over!" Hawkmoth said.
"You know that if i give it to you, there's a terrible price to pay!" Chat said swinging his stick forcefully at his father.
It clashed with him right on his stomach and he fell to the ground. The impact knocked the breath out of him. Ladybug captured the akuma before it landed on anyone. She peered back over to mayura, who was coughing uncontrollably on the floor.
Chat walked over to her.
"Cover me incase hawkmoth tries anything" He said to ladybug.
She nodded and looked at hawkmoth cautiously.
He bent down to mayura.
"What a shame..." He said giving her a judging look.
"All this time i thought you were becoming a mother figure to me but look at you now...so sad" He sneered.
She looked up at him, her eyes filling with tears.
"I tried adrien...i tried so hard to make you happy" She said as her voice cracked.
He narrowed his eyes then snatched the peacock brooch.
She transformed back, still coughing.
He good up, showing no emotion towards her. He carefully handed ladybug the brooch. She opened up her yo-yo and dropped it inside.
They both walked over to hawkmoth who was still lying on the ground clenching his stomach.
"As much as you and me want to bring mother back, it won't happen. It's time to accept this." Chat said softly to him.
Hawkmoth glared up at him.
"Your mother was the only thing that made me happy, and now she's gone. There no way our family will ever be repaired with out her!"
He kicked chats legs from under him and got up swiftly. He then pushed ladybug and she stumbled backwards. She backed up into the railing. Hawkmoth shoved her over into the dark water.
"Cat noir!!" She shrieked.
Hawkmoth turned around and raised his cane at chat.
"For the last time, give me your miraculous!"
Chat looked up at him with fury.
"You will not hurt m'lady ever again!" He spat.
Ladybug breached the surface of the water and gasped. She climbed up shakily as the water was freezing.
Cat noir looked over at her for reassurance.
She slowly smiled.
"Give him all you got kitty."
Cat noir faced his father again.
"Cataclysm!" He said.
His cataclysm felt more powerful then ever. He placed his hand on the ground.
Hawkmoth stared fearfully at the ground as it crumbled.
Ladybug leapt onto the railing that ran across the walls. She wrapped her yo-yo around the glass enclosed that held emilie.
As the ground kept cracking, cat noir used his pole to help him up on the railing.
They watched as the ground crumbled beneath hawkmoths feet and he plunged into the icy water.
They looked at eachother.
"I didn't know i could do that much destruction.." Chat said looking around.
"Yea you sure-" Ladybugs words were cut off when gabriel came out of the water, treading helplessly.
"Here!" He yelled holding out his hand.
There butterfly brooch was.

About a month had passed by. Marinette was sitting on her balcony, waiting for chat just like every other day, except he never showed. She sighed.
"It's no use tikki, he's not coming."
"Just wait." Tikki said hugging her. They both stared into the distance as the sun was setting. The sky was ombréd with pinks yellows and purples.
A soft thud sounded behind mari. She froze.
It can't be...
She turned around and saw chat standing there.
They had only seen eachother once after what happened and that was for emilies funeral.
He came and stood beside her.
"How have you been..." Mari said trailing off.
Chat didn't say anything for a few minutes.
"Fine" He said.
Marinette sighed and looked over at him.
"I made you something."
Cat noir raised his head and slowly turned towards her. She was holding out a box of passion fruit macaroons. A smile spread across his face as he took them.
"So what's been going on?" Mari questioned.
"My dad was arrested but not nathalie. I didn't tell them that she was mayura. She's like a mother figure now. She's grown a lot as a person and i forgave her. Her and gorilla take care of me."
"Oh" Mari said looking back over at him.
He sighed.
"I'm really sorry for not keeping in touch with you. There was so much going on and i felt so overwhelmed.."
"Cat noir that is not your fault! Nobody expected this!" Marinette said trying to comfort him.
"I should of at least come to see you"
"But your here now"
Cat noir looked into her eyes. They were the same deep, mysterious and sweet ones as always.
The sunset had faded into a night sky full of stars. Paris was all lit up, with the eiffel tower glowing gold.
Mari rested her head on chats shoulder and took a deep breath.
She heard him sniff and looked up. Tears were streaming down his face.
"Oh kitty" She said embracing him in a hug.
He held back tighter.
"Shhh we'll be alright" She kept repeating
They both gazed at the city, holding eachother tightly.
"We'll be alright"

Hi guys, i'm so sorry for not posting this chapter for so long. I have had a busy couple of months, and wasn't able to finish this. Thank you so much for reading!!