4

"Ready to start our new life?" Snow White asked Eria as she gathered together the last of their things together, for it was the last time they'd be standing in the trunk.

"As I'll ever be." She answered, hesitant about what lied ahead.

Snow caught that, and gave her a reassuring look. She wasn't able to find any words that would truly help her in this situation, so she just took her hand. "Come on."

Eria gladly took it, and together they exited the trunk. However, not soon after, they found themselves caught up in a net- a trap that was specifically meant to catch them. Snow struggled, trying to free them as Eria tried to move so that she could somehow freeze a part of the net's rope and hopefully cause it to break apart. But sadly, that wouldn't work... considering that Snow was sitting on them and she didn't want to accidentally hurt her.  So she just stood there, growing more fearful by the second as a man came out from hiding as he laughed his way towards them.

"I told you I'd find you. No matter what you do, I will always find you."

"Snow?" Eria asked, whispering. But she didn't answer. And instead, diverted her attention to the stranger.

"Is this the only way you can catch a woman? By entrapping her?"

"It's the only way to catch a thieving scum." He replied.

Snow sarcastically laughed. "Aren't you a real 'Prince Charming.'"

"So he's a prince?" Eria quietly questioned herself.

"I have a name, you know." He said.

"Don't care." She said, "Charming suits you. Now cut me down, Charming."

"I'll release you and the... child, when you return the leather pouch you stole with my jewels."

Snow moved slightly in a protective manner as she kept her eyes glued towards the man. "Not the jewelry type."

"Indeed. I noticed." The stranger sneered.

"What is that supposed to mean? Are you insulting me?" Snow asked.

"No, quite right. My apologies." He nodded,  "How dare I cast aspersions at the person who robbed me? Where are my jewels?."

"I sold them." She said.

"What?"

"What do you care?" Snow scoffed, "Don't you have a palace full of treasures somewhere?"

"These were special. Among them was a that belonged to my mother. A ring I was about to give-"

"-The nag with the bad attitude?" She interrupted, "That's what this is about?"

"She's my fiancée." The prince said in a matter of fact tone.

"Yeah. Good luck with that. You must be getting something impressive to have agreed to that union." Snow snorted, causing Eria to let out a small laugh though she had no idea what was going on.

"Excuse me?"

"I know how this works." She told him, "True love? It doesn't exist. It's all arranged marriages and business transactions. There's no such thing as love at first sight or first kiss. Let me guess–her kingdom wants to take over yours and this is, what, a last ditch effort to avoid war?"

"This is not a takeover." He argued, "It's a merger, and quite frankly, it's none of your business. Now, this is what's going to happen."

"Mmhmm?"

"I'm going to cut you and the young girl down," The prince said, "and you will take me to whoever has my jewels, and then you're going to get my ring back."