Chapter 5 - Isha Garaki Kyudai

~Kurogiri's Perspective~

"This boy needs to be stable if he is ever going to recover." Kurogiri said.

Tomura sighed and nodded before disappearing into the black and purple portal. Kurogiri closed the portal and then squatted down beside the boy again. He scanned the boy, trying to pinpoint the most serious areas of injury. There looked to be potential damage to his head and his neck. As Kurogiri looked closer, he noticed a wound that seemed out of place. A black eye. Why did the young boy have a black eye when he had clearly fallen on his back?

"Questions later," Kurogiri said aloud as he stood back up.

He thought of the coordinates of the doctor's lab and tried to calculate where a bed would be. He opened a portal beneath the boy as he stepped into a second one that led to right beside the bed. Once completely through, he sighed in relief. He'd been spot on in his coordinates and had even managed to get the boy into the middle of the bed. Kurogiri looked around quickly, searching for the short doctor.

"Garaki-Isha?"

"I'll be there in a minute, Kurogiri-san. Just one last thing to prepare and then I'll be ready." the doctor said from another room. He soon came into the room with a rolling tray covered in mental implements. "Do you care if I use anesthetic or not?" Kurogiri shook his head hesitantly.

"Just do what you can to help him heal. I feel he will be a valuable piece in the master's game." Kurogiri said, stepping to the side as Garaki walked over to the boy.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do. Without a healing quirk, though, I won't be able to do much." Garaki said as he pulled a clean pair of gloves on. "So what happened to the boy?" Garaki asked. He gently pulled the boy's arms off of his chest and set them down gently at his sides. Garaki then grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the boy's school jacket and shirt off.

"I'm pretty sure he jumped." Kurogiri said slowly.

"Interesting." Garaki said as he grabbed a cloth from a bowl of water. "Grab the other one and help me clean him up. I can't do much if I can't even see the damage." Kurogiri nodded and pulled the second cloth from the bowl of water.

They both wrung their cloths out and then set to gently wiping the blood off of the boy's torso, neck, and face. Kurogiri tried to keep his face neutral as the boy's wounds were slowly revealed. They were horrible, and those were only the ones they could see. Kurogiri knew that there had to be at least a few broken bones, and maybe even some internal bleeding.

"Kurogiri-san, how did the boy land?" Garaki asked as he continued to wash off the blood.

"I think he landed on his back." Kurogiri answered as he wrung his cloth out and continued to wipe off the blood.

"Then do you know why he has a black eye?" Garaki asked as he washed off the blood around the boy's eyes.

"I have no idea. I was wondering the same thing." Kurogiri sighed. Garaki nodded and then they continued to work in silence. 

"Kurogiri-san," Garaki said as he dipped his cloth back in the bowl of water. "Would you pass me that little device there on the tray?" Garaki asked as he wrung the cloth out and washed off the last bit of blood from the boy's neck.

"This one?" Kurogiri asked as he put his cloth in the bowl and picked up a small device with a short handle. It had a dark screen on the top of it and some sort of scanner underneath.

(A/N Like this but the top part is wider and there is a screen on top instead of the buttons and lights)

"Yeah. It's a device I invented. It will give me a basic idea of any internal damage like broken bones or punctured organs. I want to fix any internal wounds before I start stitching." Garaki said.

Garaki put the cloth he was holding  back in the bowl and held his hand out for the device. Kurogiri handed him the device and took a step back so that he was out of the doctor's way. The doctor started by scanning the boy's arms.

"Nothing a little bit of time can't heal. A small fracture in his left arm, but it won't even need a cast. Probably just a small brace. His ankle is the same as his " Garaki said. He moved to the boy's torso and slowly made his way up to the neck. "A couple broken ribs, but they didn't appear to puncture anything vital. I'll probably have to perform surgery, though so that they don't puncture anything and so that they can heal properly." Garaki said. Kurogiri nodded. "Oh, would you look at that. One of his shoulders are dislocated. Can't believe I missed that." Garaki muttered as he moved to the boy's neck. "There's some slight damage to the boy's vocal box and chords, but it shouldn't be too bad. It should heal fine by itself sometime in the next few days."

"How about his head?" Kurogiri asked anxiously as Garaki started scanning his skull. Garaki grimaced at the question.

"It's not terrible." Garaki said hesitantly. "There seems to be some slight... umm.... damage... to the emotional part of his brain. I'm not sure how it will affect him. Although, it is odd." Garaki mused as he studied the screen he was holding.

"What do you mean? What's odd?" Kurogiri asked. He took a step towards Garaki and looked over his shoulder.

"Well, it seems that the pain and feeling parts of brain are shut off." Garaki-Isha said. "No, that's not right." he mumbled as he enhanced the image. "It's more like it's dormant." Garaki decided as he set down the scanner and threw his gloves out. He quickly pulled on a new pair and rearranged the implements on the tray. "The same goes for the emotional part of his brain, which is in the temporal lobe. They shouldn't be the only damaged areas. Well, I say damaged, but they appear to only be dormant, as I said earlier. I would typically associate the dormancy with the injury, but if that was the case then more than just those two areas would be affected. Especially since the temporal lobe is cushioned inside the rest of the brain."

Garaki-Isha sighed and took a seat. Kurogiri looked at the boy on the bed. His face seemed to have relaxed slightly and he looked like he was only sleeping. There's something about this boy, I just don't know what. Kurogiri thought. What is his quirk? Why would he jump? Especially with that notebook of his. He could have been one of the most successful heroes, even without his quirk. And what is going in in his brain? Gah! None of this makes any sense! Kurogiri thought, exasperated.

A/N - Sorry it cut off at such a weird place. This was the best place I could find to cut it off without making it crazy long. Sorry, not sorry! 😊