Chapter 18 - 'Sensei'

~Izuku's Perspective~

"Well young Midoriya-kun, Garaki-Isha says that you are mostly healed." Kurogiri said. Said doctor walked in as Kurogiri spoke.

"That is correct. Your ribs and arm have almost completely healed in the past few days, and there doesn't appear to be any permanent damage to either area. You shouldn't experience much more pain, but you will be a little sore for the next little while. Especially in your shoulder and ribs. There are also a few fading bruises, but those should completely disappear in the next day or two." the doctor said as he walked into the small medical examination room. I shifted anxiously and winced slightly at the sound when the thin paper beneath me crinkled loudly.

"So can I go home to my mother now?" I asked hopefully.

"Not quite yet." the doctor said. "You see, while there didn't appear to be any permanent damage to your brain, there are a few anomalies. I would like to keep you here for just a little longer to analyse them. Make sure that they won't negatively affect you." Garaki-Isha said. I frowned.

"Well could I see my mother first? I could always come back right back after. I just want her to know that I'm okay and make sure that she's doing alright."

"Midoriya-san, I think-" the doctor started. Kurogiri interrupted him.

"I will take care of this, Garaki-Isha. I am sure you are very busy." Kurogiri said politely.

"Alright, Kurogiri-san." the doctor conceded, albeit rather reluctantly. Then he leaned close to Kurogiri and whispered something. It didn't matter. I was used to people whispering, so I was able to hear what he said. "Sensei is waiting for the boy, so you'd better make this quick. You know he doesn't like to be kept waiting." Kurogiri didn't answer, only moved his misty head in a nod. Garaki let out a huff of annoyance, but left the room and shut the pristine metal door tightly behind him.

"So can I see my mom?" I asked, pretending to not have heard what Dr. Garaki said.

"Yes, young Midoriya-kun. You will be able top see your mother. But first, there's someone I'd like you to meet. He's been waiting a while to meet you."

"Um, a-alright..." I said nervously. If it was this 'Sensei' guy, I wasn't sure I  wanted to meet him, but... meeting this guy was the least I could do to repay Kurogiri for saving me. Kurogiri nodded and opened a warp gate behind him and slightly to the side.

"Shall we go then?" he asked politely, almost kindly. I swallowed thickly and sent him a nervous and stiff nod. Kurogiri stepped to the side and motioned towards the gate. I swallowed again and walked forward, but hesitated in front of the gate and looked back slightly at Kurogiri.

"Are you going to be there with me?" I asked quietly. The harsh yellow glow of Kurogiri's eyes seemed to soften slightly.

"He may want to speak to you privately, but yes, young Midoriya-kun. I will stay with you as long as I can."

"Thank you." I said quietly. Gratitude flowed through me and brought a small smile to my face. I took a quiet, steadying breath and walked through the warp gate.

Cold dumped through my body and adrenaline flooded my veins. Darkness consumed my vision and I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe either, but I didn't seem to need to. It was as if I was frozen in time and space. Well, not space. More like a lack of space. I guessed it was some sort of 'non-space' where time didn't exist. I have so many questions for Kurogiri-san.

Suddenly, I felt the pull of gravity return and I stumbled out of the warp gate onto cold concrete tile. Kurogiri stepped out calmly behind me as the warp gate closed behind me. He continued walking past me, but stopped a few feet away. I slowly righted myself and tried to settle my stomach from the abrupt return of gravity and movement. The room was cold and dark and I blinked a few times to to try and adjust to the lack of light.