Chapter 7 - Impact

~Katsuki's Perspective~

"I couldn't just watch you die!"

Stupid nerd! I didn't need your help. I was just fine on my own. You better hope that I don't see you again, 'cause things will get ugly! UGH! Stupid Deku! You could have died!  Katsuki thought as he continued home. Why does the nerd have to put himself in such dangerous situations?! Does he have zero sense of self-preservation?!  Katsuki thought, tightening his grip on the straps of his bag. There was no point thinking about it now. He was almost home, and he was not in the mood to deal with his parents. Katsuki sighed.

"Stupid Deku." He mumbled as he stopped.

Katsuki bit his lip, then turned around and started walking away from his house. He walked until he got to a park not too far from his house. Then he went and stood underneath a tall tree. He dropped his bag on the ground and then slid down the tree until he was sitting on the ground. He leaned his head back against the tree and looked up at the green buds on the tree. Why does everything have to be so green?!   Katsuki thought in frustration as he closed his eyes. Then his phone vibrated in his pocket. He sighed and pulled it out.

Old Hag

-Where are you Brat?!

-Your father and I saw the news. Are you hurt?

-Answer me you brat! Where are you?!

Katsuki grit his teeth and sighed. He quickly typed back.

Katsuki

-I'm fine you old hag. I just went for a walk. I'll be home soon.

-Just quit your worrying before you give yourself a heart attack!

Katsuki grit his teeth again. He huffed as he stood up and shoved his phone back into his pocket. He quickly grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He'd hardly gotten any time to just sit and think. Katsuki sighed again and started heading back home.

~Time Skip~ (because fanfic authors love 'em! 😉)

Katsuki bid his parents a mumbled goodnight as he walked to his room. (and Katsuki being Katsuki, it's like 8:30 pm) He quietly shut his door and sat on his bed. He took a deep breath and then got ready for bed. After he had brushed his teeth and gotten changed, he laid down and pulled up the covers. He laid in bed for hours, but he just couldn't sleep. There were too many thoughts running through his head.

It was 10:15 pm when Katsuki gave up on sleep and went over to his desk. He turned on the lamp and pulled out an old photo album. It was filled with pictures of him and Deku as kids. Katsuki didn't know why he hadn't just thrown it out, but he could never bring himself to. Katsuki looked through it absentmindedly as he thought. Katsuki looked back at the clock on his nightstand. It read 10:35. Katsuki sighed, ready to head back to bed, but he froze when he heard his parents in the living room. One of their phones was ringing.

Katsuki was about to brush it off as unimportant and just go back to bed when he heard his mother.

"Inko-chan? Calm down. What's wrong?" his mother asked, sounding confused and worried. Katsuki crept into the hallway to try and hear them better. He heard his mother put the call on speakerphone.

"It's Izuku!" Inko sobbed over the phone. "He hasn't come home yet, and he isn't answering his phone either!" Inko cried.

"Have you called the police?" Mitsuki asked, worry in her voice.