In time, our feelings will show

If Kihyun would have been asked his ideal type, he would've answered a cute girl, maybe smaller. Someone who does aegyo, a woman good to marry. He remembered those times at the bar, sitting next to his soon to be bandmates, looking at the girls out there. Some were cute, he had to admit, yet none made him want to stand up and do something. It was always like something was missing, and Kihyun couldn't point what. So many girls were his exact ideal type, plus they were super sweet and caring but...It didn't feel right. Each time he had a rendez-vous, he always felt disappointed because he knew he couldn't be with the girl. Why? He didn't know. He never knew, and it made him crazy. Ever since no mercy, Kihyun had lost all ability to date anyone. Maybe because he was now an idol? He had no idea, but it made him go crazy. He just wanted to know what was wrong!

Kihyun eventually realized the problem one night at the dorm.

Everything was perfectly calm and silence reigned in the kitchen. The members had finished eating and had returned to their rooms for the most part. There were only the two maknaes and their leader left, discussing something at the table while he washed the dirty plates.

-Thanks for dinner, Eomma!

Said the two younger ones in heart, which made the young man smile. They liked to use that nickname every now and then to tease their vocalist's hand a bit. The rappers came over to kiss their friend's cheek as a thank you and went back to their room, leaving him alone with Hyunwoo.

The latter, as the maknaes left, shouted to them "Be careful, no nonsense!" It didn't bother the smaller one to be alone with his leader; everything was very comfortable with him, as if they had always known each other. A few seconds passed, and that was when Kihyun felt a presence by his side. Shownu had taken a few plates and was washing them in turn while whistling, making his sidekick smile. He really felt like a mother at the time. To have a family, even a husband. This made Kihyun laugh softly before the truth hit him.

They are not Hyunwoo.

These girls weren't his hyung. He didn't want just any girl; he wanted Shownu. A plate fell to the floor and exploded in shock at the news.

-Ki '?

The older boy's deep voice echoed, concern apparent in it. The latter hastened to help his dongsaeng, picking up the pieces of glass on the ground so that he wouldn't get hurt. Meanwhile, Kihyun just stood there, his mouth half-open and his breath gasping. He didn't know what to make of this sudden realization. It scared him like nothing else could. Being in love with his friend was already bad if you were a straight man, but even more if you weren't as straight as you thought and that the guy was your bandmate too. It meant maybe losing everything he fought for. Or his own mind. Or Hyunwoo.

Kihyun had never been so scared in his entire life.