Chapter Eight

Percy walked for what felt like hours; it probably was. His legs hurt, and his vision was blurry from being locked away for days, but despite that he carried on. He needed to find camp and warn the others about Jasmine before it was too late. Nothing around him looked familiar, even though he'd been almost everywhere near camp. Wow, he thought, I must be really far away.

  The land went on for miles, without any sign of a living thing besides the occasional dead tree, it's branches reaching out like hands about to grab him. Percy shuddered at even the thought. What can I use against Jasmine? What's something that really annoyed her? He looked up at the sun, unable to see it properly, and thought back to his middle school years.

  Grover and Percy sat on a bench during lunch break, laughing about something stupid Ms. Lincon, one of the teachers, scolded Percy for. "pErCY, kEEp YouR eYEs oN tHE bOArD!" Percy mocked, trying to imitate what she had said earlier that day in class.

  Jasmine took their moment of laughter as her opportunity to approach them. "Hey losers!" She said, flicking her long black hair behind her. Percy sighed in frustration. He just couldn't have a fun time in peace with his best friend, could he? "What do you want?" He replied, obviously annoyed by her presence. Jasmine was considered a 'popular' kid at school, the type that spreads pointless rumours and dumb lies for the sheer fun of it.

  However, that didn't scare Percy, he continued to prank her every time he got the chance. Last Monday it was replacing her Pepsi with Sprite and soy sauce, after that it was switching her notebook with Nancy Bobofit's (They had a big fight afterwards), after that it was- I think you get the point.

  By the time he snapped back to reality, Jasmine was already starting to leave. He turned to Grover. "What did she say?" He asked.

  "Really?" Grover bleated. "Were you not listening?" "I'm not going to answer that," Percy answered immediately. Grover sighed and bit at his sandwich. With a mouth full of peanut butter and jelly, he answered, "She wants to meet you in the cafeteria after the next class." Percy chuckled. "Ha! She must be an idiot if she thinks I'll do that!" The problem with that was, she did think he was an idiot.

  "Well, you could at least hear what she has to say," Grover swallowed the last of his sandwich, and Percy just rolled his eyes. "Maybe I'll leave a note."

Fast forward to after class

Percy was walking to the cafeteria when he bumped into Jasmine, who was doing the same. She eyed him, with a  grin on her face. "Look who decided to come." Her words sounded sinister, almost... evil? Percy just looked away and ignored her, causing Jasmine to scoff.

Grover watched them from afar, biting his fingernails anxiously. A polaroid was around his neck. Yes, Percy hired Grover as a spy for the price of 3 enchiladas. Not like he needed a payment, anyways. Just as they entered the building, he crept from the bushes to the window, sliding the camera over his head, careful not to get it stuck on his goat horns.

  Grover was a satyr, half goat and half human. He was sent by Chiron to bring the new, powerful demigod to camp, otherwise known as Percy. He needed to be there to alert Chiron's disguise, a handicapped teacher named Mr. Brunner, if Jasmine attacked him.

  Inside, Jasmine and Percy were staring at each other for just the right amount of time for it to not be awkward. Finally, Jasmine spoke up. "First things first, I know about your little friend watching us." Crap, Percy thought. Without thinking, he threw backpack off his shoulders and tossed it on the table.

  "SNAKES!!!" He yelled, knocking over the backpack. Out came about 15 green rubber snakes, realistically squirming around as the backpack toppled over. "WHAT THE HELL?" Jasmine shrieked. Percy wasn't able to tell if she thought it was real and was afraid of them, or just screaming out of shock. He didn't care, anyways; her reaction was priceless.

  Percy chuckled thinking about that moment. She was almost as scared of snakes as Annabeth was spiders. But where could he get snakes? He didn't even know where he or Jasmine was. Probably at camp, tricking other campers into falling into her trap. Frustrated, Percy kicked a stone out of his way.

-------------------------

  "Hey!" Jasmine called to Drew Tanaka as she finished in the girl's bathroom.

  "You're that new girl, aren't you?" She spat, turning off the faucet and wiping her hands delicately on a towel. "...Yes, I am. I have a small favour for you." Jasmine smirked.

"What is it?"
"Meet me behind the Aphrodite cabin when you're finished."
"Okay, I guess. This better be worth it."

-------------------------

Leo hummed a happy melody as he pranced around a tree. "What'cha waiting for? We don't have all day," he said. "Leo, this isn't going to work. Someone gets left behind." Annabeth averted her eyes to everyone beside her. "We can't risk that." Leo shook his head. "Someone gets left behind, big deal." "Leo, this isn't how this works... you'll have to go alone" "Then I'll go alone! I'll meet you back here!" Annabeth sighed.

-------------------------

  "So what did you need?" Drew scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Oh, I just need you to bring me Nico Di Angelo" Jasmine responded, sitting cross-legged on a fallen tree behind Cabin 10. Drew really was easy to charmspeak. Without a word, her mind slave turned around, carefully stepping a large rock that blocked her way, and headed towards the Hades cabin.

-------------------------

Hello! Sorry for the short chapter and slow updates, I had to rewrite this chapter 'cause I didn't have enough storage 😗