🖤 Impure vs Pure Regression 🖤

Another thing I never see people bring up, this is a slightly sadder side to regression but also something really important to understand as a little and as a Cg, when caring for your kiddo :) Also, a lot of people are asking me why all the photos ^^ are Tommyinnit and honestly it's just because his videos always put me in small space and he definitely just has small connections for me :)

🤍🤍🤍

So I'm gonna talk about the difference between impure and pure regression, it's actually a really simple topic and easy to explain.

Pure Regression is experienced by both voluntary and involuntary regressors and is hopefully, the regression that is mainly present in your small space.

Pure Regression is normal regression, happy and cute. Just being a baby and having fun with life. It's the regression that you read about in books and you see in small space YouTube videos. There's no real problems when someone is experiencing a Pure regression, apart from the odd tantrum or two :)

Impure regression is normally only triggered in Involuntary regressors but can definitely be experienced for Voluntary regressors, it's just not so common.

For Involuntary regressors, Impure regression is often experienced when a little is negativity triggered.

However, for a Voluntary regressor it's normally only experienced if something bad happens while they are regressed, this can also go for an Involuntary regressor.

Sometimes, it just randomly happens while someone is regressed, for no real reason.

Impure regression is often referred to as the 'dark side' of regression and is when your head space starts to become unsafe for the regressor.

It most commonly happens before or during a breakdown, such as a pan*c or anxi*ty attack, it's reverting back to a childlike state of mind to try and unlock, cope and push past the onset. It can consist of depress*ve episodes, ptsd flashbacks, phych*tic episodes or whatever your reason for regressing may be related too.

It can be very scary and often traumatic for both the little and Cg, mostly consisting of violent tantrums, rapid movements, shaking, constant or obsessive chewing on a paci or teether and a lot of screaming and crying. Littles can end up feeling depr*ssed, drained, us*d or vi*lated.

Although it's a horrible thing for someone to go through, it can be helpful for the mental health of a little, it's a good alternative to SH or other bad coping habits. And it helps to cope and control tr*uma in a much better way.

If you have ever experienced this regression or have seen someone who has, it's okay and a normal thing for littles to go through. You will feel so much better afterwards and Pure Regression will kick in soon enough.

If you're a Cg, it can seem so scary and you might not know what to do but the best thing for it, is keeping your little safe. Try to tend to any of their needs, if they need you to hold them close, then hold them close. If they would like you to stay away, you have to respect that. The best thing to do is wait it out, it won't last forever, just try to reassure them and ask for their needs best you can.

🤍🤍🤍

I'm sorry this was a sad thing to talk about, but it was much needed as not enough people explain it and it can be really scary to experience without knowing what's happening, so hopefully this helps at least a few people :) as always, you can comment your opinions or ask me any questions about any small subject :) also any other things you'd like me to talk about. I'm happy to listen to anything and everything you have to say (//_^) <3