Red

Red, the color of fire, passion, rubies. Celestia Ludenberg's favorite color. It was the day before Valentine's day. Kyoko Kirigiri was looking for a gift for her crush, the gambler. Red roses were all sold out, and there wasn't much else suitable to Celeste's specific taste. Kirigiri sighed. She should have figured this would happen. 
"Guess I'll wait till next year.. again." She muttered to herself as she walked down the busy streets. Not like she could make anything. She was a terrible artist. Would Celeste even like handmade gifts..? Whatever. While walking, she noticed something. A fancy restaurant. An idea hit her like a firetruck. So she reserved a table for two for Valentine's day, glad that it wasn't booked, and went to go text Celeste. She knew Celeste would be free. She didn't have the busiest social life and probably wouldn't spend Valentine's day at a casino. 

Kirigiri sighed. Today was the day she would either get her heart broken or get a gambling girlfriend. It was almost time. She walked to the restaurant, seeing Celeste waiting for her. 'how long has she been there?' She thought to herself. She decided to go up to her.
"Hello, Celeste." The lavender haired detective said.
"Ah, hello Kirigiri." Celeste said, smiling.

Once they were seated, Kirigiri spoke.
"You're probably wondering why I asked to meet you today." Kirigiri said nervously.
"Yes I am." Celeste stated bluntly.
"Well.. I like you.. a lot." Kyoko said, feeling her face turn as red as the tablecloth.
"Hm? You do..? Well, I must say.. your feelings of romance for me are.. reciprocated, if that is what you are trying to hint at."
"Huh..? You.. like me too? You aren't lying, right?" Kyoko was shocked, to say the least.
"Of course not. I would not lie about romantic feelings."
Kyoko smiled. That was a relief.