Two Secretaries

Authors Note: This is a reader and Essex story, the name 'Commander' is just to represent you the reader.

As the Commander walked through the long hallways of naval high command he pondered about his new situation.

"I suppose having two secretaries is unorthodox, and I do wonder what will ensue from this", He muttered to himself with a chuckle as he approached his office door...

---Flashback---

"Congratulations!", Essex and Enterprise announces with wide smiles as their new Commander came through the door into his office.

"What's this?", He asked as he noticed a cake on the table between the two.

"Well we wanted to celebrate your promotion with you~", Essex responded cheerily.

"We're both really proud of you and are happy to be serving with you", Enterprise added.

"Well thanks you two, I'm glad to have both of you in my life", the Commander responded.

As he stepped forward with a bashful smile to cut the cake into a few pieces for each of them, Essex glanced towards Enterprise and bit her lip slightly.

"S-So who will b-be your new s-secretary now you're eligible to have one?...", Essex then asked.

"Well-", The Commander started, stopping as Essex began to speak again.

"Surely it must be Enterprise-Sama! She's so brilliant after all!", Essex announced as she grabbed the Commander's shoulders and pushed him towards Enterprise.

Enterprise let out a sigh at Essex's words, she knew Essex looked up to her a lot and wanted to emulate her.

"W-Well...", The Commander tried to respond, once again being cut off.

"Commander", Enterprise started as she turned him around to face Essex.

"You've known her for much longer than you've known me, and I know how much you both trust each other. She should be your secretary"

As Enterprise spoke and she was now forced to look into the Commander's eyes, her face turned slightly red.

"Essex...", The Commander spoke as a confused expression covered his face.

"That's no fair Senpai...", Essex whispered to herself under her breath as she bit her lip.

"How about this!", The Commander announced, eager to break the awkward silence that had begun to permeate.

"You'll both be my secretaries"

"W-Well...", Essex stuttered, looking towards Enterprise who rolled her eyes slightly before chuckling.

"Alright", Enterprise then spoke with a nod.

"We'll take it in turns then, Essex you're first. Have fun you two, I'll see you later", Enterprise then added, giving Essex a wink over her shoulder as she left.

The Commander laughed at this and at how flustered Essex had become.

"Is this a problem?"

"N-No! I-I'm glad w-we came to an agreement"

"As am I"

---Flashback End---

As the Commander reached down towards the door handle he stopped as he heard two familiar voices arguing inside...