A Night Out

"Not bad", The commander said to himself with a smile as he turned slightly in front of the full length mirror before him.

Dusting a few specks of dust off the right shoulder of his suit he turned away from the mirror and walked around to sit down at his desk.

He then perused through some of the papers on his desk as he waited for his secretaries to enter...

---Essex and Enterprise POV---

"I don't know about this...", Essex said softly as she nervously played with her hands before her. Glancing up and down at herself in the mirror.

"You look great", Enterprise then said with a smile as she approached her from behind and patted her on the shoulder.

"You're gonna knock the Commander off his feet", she added with a melancholic chuckle.

"I don't know if...", Essex started, stopping as she turned and saw Enterprise in a full length black dress and cloak.

"S-Senpai... Y-You l-look amazing...", Essex stuttered out softly. Her expression dropping slightly as she did so.

"Come on", Enterprise then added with a sigh as she started to head towards the door. "We should go and get the Commander shouldn't we?"

"Y-Yes!", Essex then quickly responded as she followed her out the door...

---No one POV---

*knock* *knock* *knock*

The Commander glanced up from his desk as he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in", he responded as she stood up and faced the door. A wide smile forming on his face as he watched his two secretaries enter the room.

As she entered Essex glanced at him before looking away bashfully and refusing to make eye contact with him again.

Seeing her in her dress made the Commander blush slightly as he began to speak.

"Y-You two l-look amazing!, he stuttered out as the pair smiled towards him.

"Thank you Commander", Enterprise answered confidently.

"T-Thank y-you b-but I-I...", Essex started to speak. Stopping as her nerves got the best of her.

A soft expression formed on Enterprises face, watching on as the Commander approached Essex and put his arm around her shoulder.

"You look beautiful", he then whispered into her ear. Causing her to gasp loudly and look down at her feet once again.

Enterprise bit her lip and stepped away slightly upon hearing those words. Letting out another sigh as she watched Essex and the Commander get closer and closer to each other...

"Senpai!", she then heard a familiar voice call out, jolting her back into reality.

"Essex what're you-", Enterprise then asked frantically as Essex hurried behind her and shoved her towards the Commander who reached out and caught her as she almost fell.

Letting out a nervous chuckle as she returned to her feet, Enterprise adjusted her hair before looking up at the Commander with a blushing face.

"You look beautiful as well", he then said with a wide smile as he softly held Enterprises hands.

Forgetting her plan to get Essex and the Commander together Enterprise looked up at the Commander with a soft expression and felt her heart begin to flutter as he squeezed her hands slightly.

"Commander I...", she muttered. Noticing Essex slowly approach out of the corner of her eye which shocked her back to reality.

"*Ahem* W-We should get going", Enterprise then announced as she led the Commander and Essex out of the office and towards the Dance hall.

---Timeskip---

"They're so perfect together...", Essex muttered as she watched the Commander and Enterprise slowly dance in the middle of the hall with other ships and commanders all around.

She'd pushed to make sure Enterprise and the Commander could dance together first despite her feelings.

"I just want him to be with the best girl...", she then thought as a saddened expression crossed onto her face.

"I feel so terrible...", Enterprise thought as she glanced across at Essex who was staring down at her feet almost constantly.

"I can't do this Commander...", she then muttered as they came to a halt.

"What is it Enterprise?", the Commander then asked as he noted the saddened expression on her face.

Enterprise sniffled slightly and closed her eyes for a moment but held back her tears as she spoke.

"Look at her", Enterprise said as she pointed towards Essex.

Upon seeing her dejected expression the Commander's face dropped as he turned back towards Enterprise.

"Go get her", Enterprise then said with a smile as the Commander took a moment to look back at Enterprise before walking towards Essex...

Enterprise then felt a few tears fall down her face as she watched the Commander pull Essex close and start to softly shuffle from side to side in time with the music. Watching as Essex rested her head on the Commander's chest with a soft smile she wiped the tears from her face.

"I'm so happy for you two..."